11 - Flashback

Pan P.O.V 

"But if you insist" I smiled, letting go of her wrist. Of course, I wasn't really going to let her fall, but she needed to realise that she can't beat me. 

Swooping down, I grabbed her wrist just before she hit the ground. "See, you need me," I told her, as I flew back up into the air.

"Fine... just make it quick..." she said quietly.

"Make what quick?" I asked.

"When you rip out my heart..." she replied coldly. Why was she so convinced that I wanted her heart? I know what I did to Wendy... but she's got the reason all wrong... 

*flashback* 

"Wakey wakey Peter! Let's go!"

I looked up to see beautiful blue eyes staring at me, and the most gorgeous smile. I love Wendy so much.

"Where are we going?" I laughed.

"It's a surprise!"  She giggled. I materialized from my bed to behind her, and wrapped my hands around her and kissed her cheek. 

"Can it wait...?" I asked, kissing her neck. It'd been ages since the last time...

"Nope!" she laughed, pulling away and grabbing my hand. "Sorry!" I rolled my eyes and followed her out of my tent. The lost boys were still sleeping, and the moon was high up in the sky. "Can you give me some pixie dust?"

"I thought you had some"

"I used it all," she smiled cheekily. I jokingly rolled my eyes and sprinkled some over her head. "Thanks Peter!" she grinned and kissed my cheek. "Come on, follow me!"

***

"See, I told you it would be worth it" Wendy said for the third time. We were laying on the sand, our feet in the waves of the sea, huddled together. "The stars are so beautiful!"

"Not as beautiful as you" I replied.

"Peter! You're not even looking at the sky!"

"No, I'd much rather look at you"

"Peter you're so-" she stopped mid sentence, sitting up suddenly.

"Wendy? What's wrong?" 

"Is that... a ship?" she asked, pointing out to the sea. Sure enough, a huge pirate ship was sailing towards Neverland. But not just any ship... I knew it all too well as the Jolly Rodger...

"Wendy... go back to the camp." I commanded.

"But-"

"Please Wendy... I'll deal with this."  I said, standing up. When enough time had passed for her to be safely back in the tent, I waved my hand at the sea, causing a huge wave to push the ship faster towards the beach. 

"Thanks for the help, mate" said Hook sarcastically, climbing down from the ship.

"My pleasure," I replied. "What are you doing here?" I asked suspiciously... something wasn't right here...

All of a sudden I felt a blade against my neck. A curved blade, with 'Rumplestiltskin' engraved across it...

"Ah, son... good to see you"

"Don't call me your son" Rumple hissed. "I know what you're planning, and I won't let you. You deserve to die."

"Now now, that's no way to speak to your father," I grinned, before materializing to face him. "if you know what I'm planning, then you'll know that I need the heart of the truest believer, which I do NOT have"

"Truest believer?" asked Hook.

"It's someone who belives the strongest in magic. Pan is going to take their heart and use it as his own. With that he will be immortal." replied Rumple.

"I thought he was immortal?" asked Hook again.

"I will be, as soon as-"

"Peter, what's going on?" I heard from behind me.

"Wendy! I said stay at the camp!"

"Well who's this?" Rumple hissed, before pulling her forwards with his magic.

"Don't hurt her" I commanded. If Rumple so much as lay a finger on her then he'd be dead.

"Oh... so this is who you were planning to use" Rumple hissed again.

"Use? What do you mean?" Wendy asked, her eyes widening in fear.

"Well, your dear Peter here was going to rip out your heart to make him immortal. Only, you're not 'true' enough, so you're just to keep him going" Rumple laughed.

"No, Wendy that's not true!" I shouted.

"Oh really?" Rumple laughed again," Well, as I see you've become attached to her, I'll make it easier for you" and before I could stop him, he plunged his hand into her chest. Wendy screamed in pain.

"Leave her!" I shouted, charging towards him and pushing him back. To my surprise, he pulled his hand out of her chest, and disappeared. I crouched down and held Wendy in my arms. "Wendy... Wendy are you okay?"

"He poisoned her heart..." Hook said, "In just a few minutes, she will be dead."

"How do I save her," I snarled

"You can't... but if you don't remove her heart then the poison shall spread through this land. Any living creature or person on Neverland will become poisoned and die, which is why I'm not staying" Hook said, " Well, that and I don't like you" he laughed, before turning to his ship.

I usually would've attacked him, but I didn't care, not while Wendy was dying in my arms. "Wendy... Wendy I don't know what to do" I stammered. For the first time since I left Rumple... I was scared.

"Peter..." She breathed. "Peter you have to take my heart."

"No, Wendy I can't kill you!"

"Peter you must. It's either me or everyone on Neverland..."

"But-"

"Peter... I don't know what that 'truest believer' thing was about, but I love you, and love is trust. I trust that you really did love me..."

"Wendy..." I said, starting to cry.

"Please Peter... take my heart..." she whispered, closing her eyes.

I knew I had to. She was right. No matter what I chose, she was still going to die. Shutting my eyes tight, I plunged my hand into her chest, and pulled out her heart. And then, holding Wendy's hand, I crushed it.

The sadness turned to anger in almost seconds. I didn't stay to bury Wendy, or even move her. I just flew up, with no plan of where I was going. I just went up...

*End of flashback*   

"Pan! Pan for fuck sake are you asleep in that head?!"

"huh?" I looked around to see that we were still flying, and Anna was still in my hand.

"I said you're just going straight up!" Anna shouted. Oops.

"Oh... sorry..." I said, swooping down. Below us was Skull rock, the place where my mortality is kept. I hadn't taken anyone here since Wendy...

I love Anna, and I'm willing to do anything to prove it to her...