Chapter 49 - Welcome Home Baby Zachary

BEFORE I GET STARTED I OWE A MASSIVE APOLOGY TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN GONE FOR BASICALLY A YEAR. I LITERALLY DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO SAY SORRY, I JUST LOST ALL INTEREST IN WRITING FOR A BIT AND GOT REALLY UN ENTHUSIASTIC. I READ ALL OF THE COMMENTS I GET AND I SERIOUSLY FEEL SO BAD. IM SORRY. IM SORRY. IM SORRY.

I WAS WONDERING IF I SHOULD MAKE A KIK ACCOUNT SO THAT YOU GUYS CAN INSTANTLY MESSAGE ME AND I CAN TALK TO SOME OF YOU? LET ME KNOW.

️Chrissy's POV❤️

My eyes fluttered open and I was facing a plain, porcelain white ceiling, it was blurry at first, but my eyes soon adjusted after a few seconds. I looked around the room for a moment, then I clocked Luke fast asleep in the arm chair next to the hospital bed. Had he been here all this time?

That's when I remembered. The baby. I had given birth to my baby boy a few hours ago. My heart started pounding with excitement as I thought about Zachary, just longing to hold him in my arms. I couldn't wait to see him, I was tempted to jump out of bed right then, but I knew that wouldn't be a good idea.

I looked over at Luke again, who was in the same position as before, his head hanging down and his arms folded, soft snores coming from him as he breathed through his nose. My baby daddy was so cute when he was asleep.

"Luke," I whispered softly. No response. I reached over and gave his arm a gentle shake, and watched as his head snap up and his eyes came straight for me, a wide smile immediately forming on his face.

"You're awake," he replied, stretching his arms out wide. "Do you want me to get the nurse to bring Zachary?"

"Yes please," I smiled, clapping my hands together softly as he got up and walked out of the room for a few moments.

A couple of minutes later, Luke walked back into the room with a nurse by his side, she was carrying Zachary, all wrapped up in a blue blanket. I began to shiver as she got closer and closer to me, holding our baby out to me and smiling softly.

"Would you like to see him?" she asked politely, although she already knew the answer.

I gulped loudly and took him in my arms, he was so small, probably the size of my forearm. I began to tear up a little as I looked at his little face, the resemblance between him and Luke was amazing, they had the same nose. I felt Luke's arm wrap around my shoulder as he stared at Zachary in awe with me, listening to the small gurgling sounds he was making as he slept in my arms.

"He's beautiful," I whispered as I began to stroke his cheek gently with my index finger. "He looks just like his daddy."

I looked up at Luke who was also crying a little, he leaned down and planted a warm kiss on my lips, stroking my forehead as well. "I'm so proud of you, I'm proud of us both."

~

"Thank you," Luke said to the taxi driver as he paid him and climbed out of the vehicle, helping me out straight after. I tightly clutched the Moses basket in my hands while Zachary slept, I kept looking down at him and smiling, knowing that he was my pride and joy even though he had only been in my life for multiple hours.

Luke and I walked up to the house hand in hand, Luke was now carrying the basket as I started to get tired. We got to the front door and both let out a large sigh, wide smiles growing on our faces as I pushed the door open and stepped into the house. I could instantly smell Indian food and I could hear the TV blaring out American Horror Story. We walked through the house until we got to the lounge, everyone's faces lit up when they saw us, and I couldn't have been happier.

"Oh my God!" they all shrieked and jumped up out of their seats as they saw Luke, Zachary and I standing in the hall. I quickly threw my index finger to my lips and hissed at them to be quiet as Zachary slept. Letting out a small chuckle when they realised, I placed Zachary's Moses basket on the kitchen counter, being careful not to wake him. Everyone gathered around us and watched him sleep, hushed "awes" coming from them.

"He's so precious!" Andrea gasped, her face looked like she was a little kid in a candy shop.

"My sweet little nephew," Jai whispered.

After everyone had congratulated me and had spent around ten minutes admiring baby Zachary, I carefully took his Moses basket up to his very own decorated room, baby blue covering the walls. I gently set him down on his back and stepped back, listening to his tiny whimpers as he dreamt. It's funny how a tiny little human can change someone's life entirely in just moments, he was my whole world, I knew for a fact that Luke and I would raise him to be the best he can ever be, no matter what decisions he makes for himself in the future, I'll love him to the moon and back ten times.

~

I DUNNO IF THIS IS TOO SHORT OR NOT BUT I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT CONSIDERING IVE BEEN GONE FOR LIKE EVER. I LOVE YOU ALL. PLEASE DONT THROW CABBAGES AT ME.