Chapter 8: Crystal

(The dragon in the image above is Crystal's disguise!)

Crystal put on her pale orange earring then stuffed the other earrings into the pouch around her neck. She watched as her scales shifted to a tan color of a sandwing. She was always amazed at how her scales transformed. The icewing/sandwing snuck her way into the skywing kingdom, trying not to look too suspicious. She had one thing on her mind, and that was to find Crimson. She just wanted to thank him and that's all. That's totally why she's risking her scales to enter enemy territory. Even if she was in disguise, it was still a big risk for her. 

She stared in awe at the large skywing palace. It was truly amazing. It was a dull blue color with many skywing, mudwing, and sandwing soldiers flying in and out of it. One of the skywings caught her eye. A orange skywing with red wings was flying along side with a black and pale white sandwing. Crystal jumped up and flew after them. 

She followed them around the palace only a few feet behind them. She always hid behind corners when they turned them. Finally, they entered a large room with the map of Pyrrhia in the middle. She looked up to see many pillars with other dragon generals sitting on top of them, talking. There was one pillar higher than all of them and looked over at the map. She guessed that's where the queen sat during the war planing. 

"Seems that you have a shadow, Raptor." A mudwing with a scar on his face said as he flicked his tail at her. Raptor turned to face her and snored. 

"This room is for war general's only! No soldiers allowed in here!" Raptor said. 

"Raptor, you're not in charge of her!" The black and pale white sandwing said. "She's probably from some of my smaller fleets. We did get new soldiers recently." 

"Well, your soldiers should know the rules if they choose to live in the skywing kingdom!"

"Calm down, Raptor." A familiar voice said from the highest pillar. Crystal unknowingly wagged her barbed tail at the sight of the red, orange, and yellow skywing with black horns and claws. I finally found you! Crystal thought. 

"You're apart of the new fleet, right?" Scarab asked. "What's your name by the way?"

"Umm..." Crystal said. Sandwing name! Think of a sandwing name! "I'm sandstone. I was looking for...for any new orders for my fleet." 

"Your fleet..." Scarab smiled. "Fleet number six, right?" 

"Yes sir," She said nervously.

Scarab smiled and walked over to her, putting a wing around her. He walked her towards the large doors. He whispered to her as they walked out of the room.

"Stay out here for me. The meeting won't take long." Scarab said with a smile. For an enemy, he was actually a nice dragon. He left her in the hall and re-entered the room. Crystal did her best to hear all she could. With this info, she could go back to the ice kingdom and use it to help out in the war. But... Would Crimson still like her if she did that? She sighed and laid on the floor, crossing her front legs over each other. She kept her ears perked up to hear the war generals but she slowly and unknowingly slipped into a deep sleep.

The impact of her hitting the ground woke her up with a start. She looked up to see Raptor, Scarab, an unknown sandwing, a mudwing and Crimson looking down at her. She stood up, curling her barbed tail in a spiral and sat on her butt. 

"So," Raptor began. "Sandstone was it?" 

"Y-Yeah? That's my n-name." She said nervously. 

"Funny, because this sandwing here is named Sandstone and he's in fleet twelve!" Raptor snarled. "Tell the truth, sandwing! Who are you really?!"

Scarab and Sandstone looked at her with a raised brow and Crimson looked down at her from his pillar. Smoke rose out of his nostrils and coiled around his black horns. Raptor hissed at her and bared her teeth. 

"We're suppose to be on the same side, sandwing," The mudwing began. "Or are you a spy?" 

"I'm-" Crystal said. 

"Enough!" Crimson yelled. and stood up on his pillar. "Raptor, Scarab, Sandstone, and Caiman. Leave us. I will deal with her myself." The dragons looked up at the skywing then walked out of the room. They closed the doors behind them after they left and once they did, Crimson jumped off his pillar and landed in front of the sandwing. He checked in the hallway then circled her before standing in front of her again and sat down. "You're very lucky I recognized that form you're using, little one." 

Crystal smiled and hid her face in her wing to hide her blush. Crimson frowned and sighed. This made her look back up at the handsome skywing in wonder. 

"Do you have any idea of how dangerous it is to be here?!" Crimson said. "Sure, your in an ally for but you were founded out easily! Scarab may look dumb as a rock but he's really smart! And Raptor..."

"She's a little...mean..." Crystal said honestly. 

"She's not bad once yo get to know her. If you get to know her, that is." Crimson said as he scratched the back of his neck, nervously. 

"Are you two?" Crystal trailed off. 

"No. No, she made that obvious when we were young. We're actually step siblings. Her parents weren't nice to her, as well as my own. When Ruby was in power, she let us live with her. But the point is, you should go! You should've ran back to your kingdom when I let you go!"

"I-I really don't want to go back there... Y-You see, I kind ran away. I couldn't stand being expected to do all these things I clearly can't live up to. I mean, I'm the heir to the throne and I don't even want to be! I have to so my parents didn't die in vain! I left to find out who I am and honestly, I still don't know who I am..."

"You're my enemy." Crimson said plainly. 

"I-I know...b-but..."

"Do you honestly think me saving you was a romantic gesture? I saved you because I personally don't like the war we are in against your kind. I'm apart of the few dragons who want to live in a world where there's peace between the tribes."

"Let me help you then!" Crystal said. "I wanna help!"

"No. I'm fine on my own. Plus, you'd be in danger that way..." Crimson trailed off and hid his blush. 

"But..." Crystal said as she took a step forward. "I-I like you, Crimson... Like, Like, like you. A lot..." She said as her eyes watered a bit. "You know what? For-Forget it." She said as she turned and pushed the doors out and left the palace. Crimson yelled after her but she ignored him. 

"For the love of the three moons!" Crimson groaned and ran after her.