Ch. 10: moms excited and Barry's lost it. Where is Mr. Henderson

((Sorry chapter title is so long i thought it was funny :v))

Mark dropped you off and drove down the street to his house and you were clutching the tuxedo mask key chain to your heart. It only took a week of school and all of a sudden he's got your heart melting. You went inside quietly in hopes your mom wouldn't see you and ask questions but to no avail, she caught you right in the door.

"Oh hey hun! How was your date with Mark?" Before you could think you blurted out.

"Oh it was good, he even got me a new book!"you halted in your efforts to slip off your jacket. A look of horror etched onto your face as you slowly looked to your mother at the kitchen table. She had a look of pure joy on her face.

"Really now? What else did you do on your date?" She said the word so distinctly and clear that your mom knew she caught you red handed. The best was to just give into her ways. You looked to your feet in defeat.

"We got lunch and he also got me a keychain..." you handed it to your mother and her smile seemed to grow ten times wider then before. Mom gave back the keychain and stood up.

"Well it seems you had fun! Your brother and dad are out right now but should be back so-" she was cut off by Barry barging through the door. He looked startled and looked at you and then mom.

"Dad drove off!"

"What?" You asked incredilously(?)

"He slammed on the brakes, made me get out the car and said something about Mark! Then he sped off!" Your mom didn't look too worried and tried to explain to Barry.

"Well he probably figured out y/n and mark star-" you interupted her.

"STARTED A BAND!" but it was too late and the realization hit Barry. He whispered something.

"What's wrong sweets?" He got louder and louder.

"ohmygod... Oh my god! OH MY GOD!" He continued till he reached the stairs and let out a wailing "NOOOOOOOO! OH MY GOD MARK!" The door upstairs slammed and you looked to your mom. She seemed amused.

"I'll go find your dad while you talk to Barry." Out the door she went. You went upstairs and knocked on his door.

"Barry, c'mon it's not that bad!"

"It is so that bad! This is like every teen movie ever!"

"Well it doesn't have to be! You should be happy it's Mark and no one else!" You opened his door and it looked nearly the same as the basement. He was laying like a distraught princess on his bed. You wondered if he threw himself down like one to.

"Barry..." you tried to think of something to say and laid beside him on the bed. "I know i should have said something to you and im sorry I didn't. But you have to understand the position i was in." He was silent but he rolled over to look at you. He gave one of his sweet, small smiles.

"If he breaks your heart i'll rip him to pieces. Same goes for you." It scared you how calmly he said it but you gave an approving nod. "We good?"

"We're good." You both laid there for a minute.

"I'm not sure what we're gonna do about dad though..."

"Oh yeah that's a lost cause."

((Mr. Henderson's pov))

Henderson gripped the steering wheel tight. His heart was hammering in his ears. He didn't know what spurred this on but the absolute feeling that Mark had finally tipped him over edge. He felt it tugging around lunch and it just kept getting worse and worse until he nearly pulled into the drive. Then it was red hot and blinding. He knew Mark won. There was nothing he could do now. It was in the hands of whatever watched over his family. 

A/n:sorry it is so short but i had a little inspiring moment to myself and wanted to type it out for yall 😇