"So authoritative. You should be glad that I continue to attend to your every whim without getting easily offended by your trash talk" he said in a teasing tone showing off his neatly arranged pearl whites that made a small hurricane to rise at the pit of my stomach before I squashed it down vehemently. 

Nope. No fucking no. I know what that smile makes me feel. I have felt it not once but twice in my life before. No way I could allow that squeamish feeling of warmth to come back again to consume my whole being. 

Not again.

Never.

I was well aware of what this thing between me and Mew is. I have known it from day one. I never intend for it to change. 

Not now. 

Never in the future.

I have inscribed it clear on my brain that I am not going to get caught in a mess this time by dancing to my heart's stupid tunes.

"I told you to shut up. If you want me to punch you in the face then keep talking" I said in a heated tone trying to divert my mind from his smile and keep it focused on the euphoria building inside me with his sensual grinding.

I threw my head back in pleasure as my eyes started to roll back behind my closed eyelids when his lower half crammed into me hard making me hiss. I ignored his chuckle that reverberated through my ribs. Mew's lips latched onto my neck next slurping and sucking at it as if his life depended on it. Just as I was slowly losing myself to the moment, mind becoming blank, muting out the cupid talk, and opening up only the nerve endings of sensation, I heard the door being thrown open with a bang to the wall.

I felt like I was pushed headfirst into a bathtub with ice cubes filled to its brim when I saw Arthit standing at the doorway with a shell shocked expression on his face. He looked like he had seen a spaceship landing on his rooftop and an alien had emerged out of it to shake hands with him and talk about peace with the earth. I felt my whole body heating up again. Unfortunately, this time it was due to the embarrassment of being caught in a compromising position with my sworn enemy by my best friend. I shoved Mew away from me as if I was scorched by fire and straightened myself up. However, I couldn't bring myself to look at Arthit's eyes and ran away from him as quickly as possible. I need to get out of there. I need to divert my mind and get my racing heart under control.

I strolled into the living room to be received by a group of kids running around laughing with colorful birthday hats on them. I immediately recognized the birthday boy Chaew in the middle. Now how do I introduce this joyous bundle of energy who had instantly made me go soft at heart just on the first meet? He was the son of my friend Arthit's boyfriend. Yeah I know I know. I could have called him as my best friend's kid. Even Arthit wouldn't mind it if not be ecstatic at the claim. But life is never that simple now, does it? Or at least Arthit and his boyfriend Kongpob hadn't made it to be. They had their fair share of drama and break up which made them stay apart for six years before fate decided to be merciful enough to reunite them. Now it's been a year since they got back together and I was honestly surprised to see them working it out far better than I expected especially with the long-distance thing.

I have no idea how long I was lost in my thoughts till I saw Kongpob move towards Arthit and pull him closer by draping a hand around his waist. I saw him daintily remove the color papers sticking on to Arthit's hair from the party poppers earlier. Kongpob offered his boyfriend a smile full of adoration which would make any couple jealous. Kongpob is one of those rare men you find who is not ashamed to show the love they have for their partner by screaming it to the whole world. He never makes an effort to tone it down even when he has company. Then again why should he? He got back the love of his life after six long years of waiting. It would only be understandable if he wants to keep Arthit closer to him 24*7. I felt happy for my friend after seeing him be miserable for most of the years when he was with us in Boston. I always knew he had a past love that he was fighting hard to move on from. Believe me, I know the struggle. Been there, done that. Though I never knew who Arthit's ex was I was proud of him for trying to move on and start a new life. He even mingled with me Sarah, Jason, and Justin pretty fast soon becoming an inseparable part of our gang.