"C'mon," Donghyuck jogged over, swiftly pulling the older's hands away from his face and checking to see his expression. His eyes were dull, cheeks pink and face crestfallen and depressed. "What's up? Why're you crying?"

"Shove off, would you? Stop acting like you give a shit-"

"Oh my god! You've been hunting me down for a conversation for weeks, and now I'm offering! Chill out!"

Mark pushed his hands away, moving to walk out. Donghyuck couldn't believe what he was witnessing, getting angered by it all. "Hey! Are you seriously running away right now?!"

That struck a nerve with the older, causing him to shoot back around and yell, "Yes! I'm running away, because I can't deal with you! I'm so fed up of trying to please you and your shit attitude!"

"Oh please, like you're a saint! You literally touched me in my sleep! That's a crime, if I ever did see one-"

"Screw you!" Mark growled, yanking his t-shirt over his head and showing off his back. The horrible little marks were oddly familiar as the brunette stared at them in surprise, covering his mouth when the realisation hit him like a ton of bricks.

"That's...."

"Yeah. Your stupidly sharp fingernails aren't kind on the skin, and I can tell you that for free."

As Donghyuck pieced together what he had heard that night, those scratches, and why Mark was acting this way...... "Are you saying that this is my fault?"

"Well, who else's would it be? I'm an insomniac, Hyuck. Not a creepy rapist. I did research on your nighttime activities at the beginning of the year when they began.....and it's called somnambulism."

"What?"

"It's extreme sleepwalking. You go around at night, fulfilling daytime tasks. Showers, eating, making your bed....and then you come to me."

As the younger backed away, his head was starting to experience a dull ache at the back. The little memory he had that night of a face close to his.....and many more visions that he simply couldn't define. "It was me? I...I was touching you?"

"Yeah. I mean, I'm not perfect. I did let you as well as somewhat join you. But I swear, I never put my hands on you when you were sleeping normally."

"I thought I was just compliant in my sleep," he started to panic, breaths growing just a bit more laboured. "I assumed you and Ten were taking about how easy I was."

"No-"

"Fuck! What the fuck do I do?! I'm...I'm seriously a freak!"

Mark too was losing control of the situation. Both of them were starting hyperventilate as they egged each other on. "You're not a freak! Really."

"What should I tell me parents? What if this doesn't go away? How would I even get married with this issue-"

"Okay, you're panicking. Just listen to me for two minutes," the older begged, holding Donghyuck's shoulders and capturing his gaze. "You're okay."

"......how have I never known about this?"

"It's new. I'm sure you'll grow out of it, or if not, there will be someone who can look after you. Who understands."

"Who the hell is going to understand? I wouldn't go near someone who tries to have sex in their sleep! It's disgusting-"

"I-I understand...."

"Yeah, well you're a boy."

Ouch. He really is a savage, isn't he? "Yeah....guess I am. Anyway, I think it's time to put an end to this stupid battle. We can at least put this behind us for our friends...right?" He extended his hand, hoping for a truce.

"Okay," the younger sighed dramatically, shaking it and rolling his eyes. "I'm not forgiving you for hiding this from me. That's just wrong.....but Jeno and Jisung were getting irritated so....."

"So we can work something out...."

A short period of silence followed as both weren't entirely sure where to go from here. Their eyes shifted from each other, to the floor, to the window.....really, Donghyuck was avoiding the fact that Mark still hadn't put the shirt back on.

With cheeks heating up and his heart unintentionally skipping a beat, the younger decided that enough was enough. "I'm hungry. Let's get food."

Once the brunette brushed past him to reach the door, Mark had one final question that he felt was important. "What should I do next time you....y'know...."

"Whatever you want." With that, he exited, leaving the older to sit in his confusion.

Whatever I want? Does that mean I should continue helping him? Leave him alone? Attempt to sleep through his issue?

"C'mon, Sissyboy! I thought I told you I was hungry!"

"Coming!"

Well, it appeared Mark would just have to cross that bridge when he came to it. The best outcome of this conversation though, was the fact that Donghyuck would let himself sleep again.

Mark called that a victory, even if it was only small.

─────── • ❥ • ───────