Chapter Forty-Two: Ocean Eyes

~ Unsteady  ❀   X Ambassadors ~

Waking up on this bed was like waking up on a freakin' cloud

Waking up on this bed was like waking up on a freakin' cloud. The white linens were most definitely silk or something soft enough to make me feel like rubbing my bare body against it over and over just for fun.

Aiden's room was really bright, like way brighter than I would imagine. My brows furrow as I reach out to find my cuddle buddy– I mean fuck buddy, but frown when the space beside me is empty.

I lift myself from the bed and look around the room in confusion, the red and gray color scheme filling my senses and the messiness of his half-open drawers catching my attention. God, I didn't notice that mess last night.

Squinting my eyes from the brightness of the sun hitting the mirror and shining straight into my eyes, I shift my gaze to the large open window to the right of me. That's why I felt a draft hitting my skin earlier.

I ease out of bed and quickly grab onto Aiden's plain white t-shirt that's thrown messily on the floor and slip on my underwear before going towards the window. Surely enough, I find Aiden sitting on the roof portion that's directly outside the window.

He's still shirtless, thank God, but he threw on some gray sweatpants to cover the fun parts. He seems deep in thought as the morning sunlight illuminates the curves and blemishes of his face.

I cross my arms over my chest, "Hi," I whisper, but it was enough to catch his attention. His bright eyes connected with mine and immediately sent goosebumps down my arms. Maybe it was the draft.

He smiles softly, "Hi."

I decide to join him on the roof, even though it seems pretty unsteady and I was scared of falling to my death. But it looks like he needs a friend right now. And a friend I will be.

Stepping out onto the charcoal gray, and slightly slanted, roof, my legs are a bit wobbly as I carefully sit next to him. I hear him chuckle as I struggle to not look down towards my doom and I glare at him. Here I am being a good friend to him and he's making fun of me? How rude.

"Oh hush," I swat his arm softly when I finally land beside him. He just shakes his head at me with a grin on his face as he holds back the laughter I know he wants to burst out right now.

"You look fucking terrified," he mumbles from behind his hand that's resting on his mouth. Annoying buttface.

"Hey! I'm trying to be a good friend and come see why you're sitting on your roof looking emo at 7 am! Sorry I care, Grey," I scold as he just continues the laugh for a little while longer before it passes and he just stays looking at me in silence.