Prologue

The extremely loud music coming from all directions threatened to blast George's eardrums right in, but he had never felt this alive. The thrumming beats were coursing through his veins, pushing against his chest. He moved his body to the rhythm of the deafening notes coming from the speakers all around him, bumping into the other dancers.

The spotlights bounced off the glass dance floor, the glow intoxicating him. He couldn't see his feet move and all the other people were a blur. With no sense of direction, it was easier to get lost in himself.

A hand wrapped around his arm, roughly tugging him out of the rowdy party goers, pulling him to the side. Once his head was generous enough to stop spinning, he was able to get his eyes to focus on the face in front of him for longer.

"Wha... What... are you..." George spoke as if pushing every sound of out his mouth required a tremendous amount of effort, stumbling over his own feet. The same hand reached out to steady him. He finally managed to form a comprehensible sentence, "What are you doing?"

"We're going back to the hotel, George." His friend enunciated each word with exaggerated mouth movements to make sure George could understand clearly.

George tried to swat his friend away and jump back into the commotion, but a hand reached out and gripped the back of his shirt. He flailed against the grip uselessly, finally giving in and slumping over.

He leaned onto his friend for support, allowing himself to be carried into a cab with the rest of the guys. They all seemed more or less plastered, unable to sit up straight. It seemed that Sapnap had been the one to gather them all together, being the only sober one. He'd always been the responsible friend.

The drive back to the hotel passed in a flash - George was being shaken awake in front of the hotel building without even realizing he'd fallen asleep. A putrid stench was wafting through the air, seemingly coming from one of his friends, on all fours, heaving near the sidewalk. A puddle of murky brown sludge was splattered across the road, a little bit still dripping from the guy's mouth.

George attempted to crawl out of the car, terribly failing and falling onto the pavement face first instead. He groaned, pulling himself up. The world was swirling and twisting in front of him - the buildings and trees morphing into unrecognizable shapes.

He felt Sapnap come to the rescue again as he was picked up and slung over his shoulder. The hotel staff had seemingly been used to this kind of thing occurring - they did work at a beachside resort after all. Parties were prominent. They helped in bringing the rest of his friends to their shared room, while George was being taken care of.

He was thrown onto the bed by a breathless Sapnap. "You're so fucking heavy, jeez." A blanket was tossed over him as he was left alone.

He could hear his friends piling into the room, bumping into furniture, shouting and laughing. He drowned their voices out, though, immediately nodding off.