23 | rixon's cove

SEASON ONE,
CHAPTER 23:

RIXON'S COVE

"Dude, it's like King Tut

"Dude, it's like King Tut."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

DARKNESS CREEPS INTO the woods as the moon and stars are barely visible through the dying leaves on the tall trees. Chills can be felt brushing against skin as though a spider is crawling up a persons arm, the wind deciding to play jokes to humour nature. A fire has been set up in the middle of some fallen logs to provide a warmth through the breezy night.

Rixon's Cove isn't a special place in the Outer Banks, just somewhere based out in the woods that some teenagers like to disappear to in order to get away from the rest of civilisation. Currently, five friends can be seen within that specific area. They're seated upon the logs while still wearing their formal outfits after having ran away during Midsummers.

Delilah and Kiara are the two that are sitting closest to the fire, watching embers fly off as it crackles in their ears. The beautiful dresses are made out of a thin material that isn't suited for the cold, and the straps also barely cover a centimetre (in width) of their shoulders. But no one has any jackets to give to either one of the girls to help solve the cold situation.

JJ just sits beside Delilah on the log with an arm wrapped around her body to pull her into his body, wanting to provide more warmth with the use of his own body heat. The girls rests her head upon her shoulder as her green eyes stare into the fire ahead of them both, slightly starting to zone out from the feeling of tiredness washing over her body. Their hands — JJ having to use his free hand since he's holding her — are intertwined together and rest on the blond's knee.

"Are you guys a thing now?" Kie asks.

Due to the silence being broken by that question, all eyes turn towards Kiara to see that her gaze is on Delilah and JJ to show that it was directed towards them both. The redhead briefly lifts her head off of the boys shoulder to see that he was already looking down at her. A grin spreads across JJ's face as he watches Ly nod to let him know it's okay to reply with the truth. The blond then turns back to face Kie as Delilah tears her head on his shoulder again.

"The anticipation is killing me." John B comments, joking around. "Please tell me you are."

"Yeah, we are." JJ replies.

"Wait, when did this happen?" Pope asks.

"Back at Midsummers." Delilah informs. "It was when you gave us a second to talk, Pope."

"Shit, man." John B suddenly curses, his eyes on the boy next to him. "Neither of us won the bet then. It happened during Midsummers, not before or after."