¦BOOK II¦- 8~ Friends Without Benefits

We've hit 2 MILLION reads!!! And we've gone back to being #1 on the short story charts, out of the almost 250,000 novels on that chart. You guys are very f*ć*ïñğ amazing!!!💖

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

After a few minutes of lazy lounging on the couch, Charlotte got up, donned a robe over her almost naked features, and went to get a bottle of wine and two wine glasses, before returning to the couch, where Raven was

"So how did he take the news?" she announced aloud, in a carefully placed neutral expression, sweeping her long, red hair into a ponytail, as she flopped right back down on the couch

Raven tensed immediately, gulping, as she reached out to the wine bottle and poured herself a glass full.

"What news?" she cocked a brow

"Oh don't you dare give me that dumb look, when we both know you're anything but dumb Raven. How did Mikhail take the news that you're pregnant?" Charlotte asked, matter-of-factly, folding her arms

"He didn't. Hmmm. So good. This wine isn't by any chance alcoholic, is it?" Raven moaned, instantly changing the topic

"No, it's a non-alcoholic wine and don't try to change the topic. You know that doesn't work on me. Sixteen years of friendship means I have the ability to navigate through any of your bullshit, and extricate whatever information I want to, from you, so start talking. Now."

Raven finally sighed. "Char..."

"Oh my God, you didn't tell him, did you? You didn't tell Mikhail you were pregnant. And we talked about this for weeks! We both agreed that you were going to break the news to him last week" Charlotte exclaimed incredulously, her eyes challenging Raven to contradict the statement as she folded her arms stiffly

"No. I didn't tell him" Raven finally confessed, a moan dragging out from her lips, as she bit at them

"You know what? Don't even bother. That can easily be rectified. Stand up, get in the car, and we're going to go tell him right now, that he's girlfriend is infact three months pregnant, for his child!" Charlotte quipped, finally the whole statement, as she got up from the couch, and made a grab at the car keys, but Raven drew her back down, to the couch.

"Don't bother Char. It's already too late. He's gone on the trip already. He left three days ago" Raven disclosed

"Oh honey. But I don't understand why you didn't simply tell him. You know if you would have told him, he never would have gone on that trip. Especially because it was dangerous mission. No man who's about to become a father, puts his life on the line, especially when the woman delivering the baby, is a woman he loves."

"But that's just it Char. I- couldn't. I could hear the passion in his voice. I could see the desire in his eyes, and itching fingertips. He wanted to go. He genuinely wanted to go. This was more than just some random mission for him. He misses his old life. He misses the debauchery and everything he feels he's had to give up, for me. Although he's been doing a very good job of trying to shield me from his old life, I can still tell that he longs for it, and I'm the only thing keeping him from going back. Living at the edge of danger. The constant adrenaline that fuels your being caught, or getting away with whatever you'd just done... And I love him so much Char. If it means letting him go do something he's loved doing all along, then so be it. I'm the last person to ever try to make him miserable. So I definitely won't use a child to hold him down. I don't even know how he'll take the news, or if he even wants a child. I hear these rumors every day, and he doesn't know I hear them. The rumors about Mikhail Constantinovich. And I know that deep down, they're true. But does that make me a terrible person for loving him the way I love him, every single day? People walk up to me, and tell me how he's ruined their life, but I look at them with just a little empathy, and yet defend him every single time. What kind of person does that make me? And I hope to be a mom? Christ!"