21 | the confession

SEASON ONE,
CHAPTER 21:

THE CONFESSION

"Be careful, J

"Be careful, J."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

AFTER THE INCIDENT that went down during the outdoor movie night, the friends had made their way back to Delilah's house to clean themselves up and rest for the night. None of them wanted to return to their own homes and have their parents worry about the fresh cuts that's been inflicted onto their faces, specifically Pope since his parents are protective of the boy. So, everyone agreed to crash at the redhead place as they all know it's empty of adults right now.

First aid kits are sprawled out across tables as they rummage around for the correct equipment that are needed. Delilah and Kiara are currently tending to the boys and their injuries, but are in separate rooms as there's a limited amount of space. The constant winces of pain escaping the boys' mouth and the slight nudges of their hands are only ignored, trying to focus on the task at hand.

However, Delilah starts to pay more attention to it as JJ keeps trying to push her hand away from his open wounds. The stinging from the rubbing alcohol that she's using can be felt all over his body and makes him sharply inhale from the pain it causes. The girl just sighs as she pulls herself in front of the blond, staring into his blue eyes.

"JJ, you need to stop doing that." Delilah tells him.

"But I'm fine, Ly." JJ replies.

"No, you're not." Delilah argues. "They did a number on you back there."

"I'm fine." JJ repeats.

"Stop lying to me." Delilah demands. "I've known you for years, you can't keep pulling the same 'I'm fine' bullshit. You sound like a girl trying to lie to her boyfriend when she's really mad."

JJ lightly laughs at the comparison made, a smile spreading across his face. But this only causes the cut on his bottom lip to split and start to draw blood just like before. Delilah heavily sighs at the sight of this, knowing that she's going to have to repeat the process once again. Her eyes stay locked onto his lips as she attends to the wound for a second time. The boy just stares down at her, intently watching the gentle actions being made towards his wounds.

"Hey, princess." JJ whispers.

Delilah's green eyes snap up to meet his blue ones, trying to read his face to take a guess as to what he will say next. But their gaze only lasts for a short moment as his shifts to travel down to look at her neck. Bruises are staring to form and take their place on the girls neck, which only reveals that Rafe was squeezing down onto her airways with intention. He wanted to prevent her from breathing so that she can't continue on with the fight and get in his way.