"If you are comfortable, would you like me to accompany you during this match?" Victor offers kinly with a small smile, preparing for rejection even though there was a small possibility of her turning down his offer especially when they were such close friends. (Y/N) appeared to be surprised at his sudden caring gesture since it was a well known fact to everyone that he never enjoyed communicating with others and preferred to be alone most of the time, so his offer turned to be ironic as it would only mean that he wanted to stay by her side. How strange.The postman knew deep down how weird it was for the suggestion to come from him instead but he wasn't stepping down unless (Y/N) rejected him. 'Do people always change their mindset this easily?' He questions himself, not knowing the answer quite well.

"Of course! Please take good care of me, Victor!" Her grin grew wider when Wick suddenly jumped on her lap, as if to say that he wants to take part in helping his owner to protect the florist from harm as well.

~

"Tsk. If you want to decode, do it properly." The lawyer mumbles under his breath again but both the florist and postman were able to catch his words perfectly without trying to. It was evident to both of them that Freddy was up to his usual bullcrap again which caused the blonde to be ticked off. When the lawyer continued his bickering when (Y/N) had accidentally made one mistake without meaning to, that was the last straw. Since their presence were considered to be a hindrance, it was only obvious the reasonable choice for Victor to make would be leaving the lawyer all on his own to decode while they decode together at another nearby cipher.

"What are you doing?!" Freddy raises his voice in disbelief that the postman would actually have the guts to miss a calibration on purpose, gently taking the florist's hand as he dragged her away from the area. It should be fine anyways since they were already on their last cipher and Servais was doing a decent job in kiting so far. "What's wrong?" (Y/N) asks with a concerned expression on her face since his behaviour was more than just strange today. It wasn't like him to lose his cool that easily. "I'm sorry but I couldn't stand what Freddy was saying about you and I just...sorry." Oh how thoughtful of him. "You have nothing to apologise for. Thank you Victor, you're always thinking for me aren't you? I'm grateful to have such a good friend like you."

'Right. Friends. We're just friends.' The postman internally cries as they return their attention back to the cipher machine they were decoding. After a few minutes of decoding in silence, Servais finally went down and they were close to finishing the cipher machine but it wasn't primed yet. "I'll go rescue him." The florist informs him but he was reluctant to let her go, afraid something may happen to her especially when the person she was planning to save is the magician who was most likely going to use her as bait as a last resort.

Without failing to notice the worried expression he wore, she reassures him by giving the postman a gentle pat on the shoulder. "I'll be fine! I'm counting on you to pop the cipher!" And with that, she immediately runs off to save her teammates, fully aware of the fact that the lawyer was incapable of saving since he did not have the guts to do so. Watching her small figure disappearing in the distance caused his stomach to churn, a bad feeling was starting to grow within him. "She'll be fine won't she, Wick?" The postman picked up his companion and hugged him closely to his chest, hating how anxious he felt at the moment.

~

On that day, Victor wished that he had listened to his gut instincts to follow after the female survivor instead of standing by the side, waiting for one of his teammates to go down before popping the cipher. He hated himself for believing that the lawyer would have a sudden change of heart when he saw the critical condition she was in, he was a fool to think that Freddy wouldn't turn a blind eye on how dire the situation was. How could he have expected someone like him to save (Y/N) when all he cared was only his well-being?