♡ Chapter Twelve ♡

Catra's POV ♡

Yesterday and last night was...a rollercoaster. I didn't expect the whole day with Sparkles,Bowman,and Adora to go so well but then end up crashing down as my ex literally beat the shit out of me. Damn,I need to get myself in shape so I can kick ass. Anyways,I wake up to gentle sounds of Adora breathing,my eyes managing to flutter open and look up at the taller female. My shaky hand slowly goes up to Adora's face,gently moving some of her dull blonde locks away from her face,wincing everytime her breath hitched.

“Gah,what the hell are you doing Catra? If she wakes up,she'll be weirded out and will probably slap y-”

“Morning,Catra...”

My eyes widen as I hear Adora's voice,swiftly moving my hand away from her face and to my chest. My bi-colored eyes look into her process blue ones,gulping nervously. God she was so beautiful, staring down at me with those sleepy blue eyes. I chuckle nervously and tiredly before slowly sitting up,turning my face to meet Adora's. I see her smile softly at me before sitting up herself,her hair messy with small tangles and her eyes fluttered closed as she was still tired. I snort softly before hesitantly reaching my hands out, moving my fingers through her dull blonde locks.

I could tell she was liking whatever I was doing since her smile grew wider on her lips,making me continue was I was doing...

Mmm morning Catra..”

Adora mumbles gently in my ear before sitting up in bed,me following behind. My slender arms wrap around her torso and my head rests on her shoulder,one of my hands slithering away from her chest to her hair,moving my nails through it. Adora giggles softly,turning her head to me,causing my bi-colored eyes to flicker on hers. Both of us were just...staring,not even realizing that we were slowly leaning in-

“Ow ow ow!”

I hear Adora yelp in pain,causing me to snap out of my thoughts and immediately retract my fingers from her hair. Adora gently placed her hand on the spot my hand was,a pang of guilt shooting through me.

“What happened? Ar- are you ok? Oh god are you ble-”

“Catra,calm down. Your fingers just got stuck in a tangle,silly. I'm fine.”

She reassures me,a relieved smile forming on my lips before I throw my legs off of the bed,the souls of my feet hitting the cold wooden floor as I slowly stand up. My skin grew prickly with goosebumps as a rush of cold air washed over me,my body shivering. I could hear Adora shudder as she stood up as well,walking out of the room and into the hallway,turning up the AC. The vents turn off and I sigh of relief,walking out of the room.

When I walk into the hallway,I'm greeted with a standing but sleeping Adora. I snort at this and walked over to her,poking her cheek playfully. The blonde gasped softly as her eyes snap open and began to stumble backwards,causing me to let out a laugh before catching her if she were to fall. Adora must've thought I was being romantic or some shit because I began to hear her laugh,which made me cock a brow at the female I was holding. I soon,though,got the hint and I dropped her on the ground,causing her to laugh louder than before.

And before I knew it,I was laughing too. I begin to cackle and squeal with laughter,my arms hugging my stomach. I read a hand up to cover my face,but I wince painfully as my fingers grazed my black eye. I hiss in pain as tears swell up in my eyes,Adora immediately stumbling to her feet and standing in front of her,one hand on my shoulder and the other  removing my hand from my face.