🍉 : chapter four

•••••••••

jeno lowered his head and adjusted the glasses hanging loosely on his nose as both him and donghyuck entered their school's gate. the usual scene they've been seeing now for almost four years unfolding in front of them.

different groups of students happily chatting and talking to their friends probably checking how was their summer after not meeting them for almost two and a half months of vacation whereas some are just purely gossiping.

jeno spotted some familiar faces among those crowds yet he decided to play ghost. he doesn't want to involve himself in a morning chit chat with anyone. it's too early for that and his brain was still in a slumber.

jeno didn't really get along with a lot of people. yes, some of his classmates before tried befriending him and it always ended the same way. it's either they gave up because they thought jeno hated them ( presumably because whenever they tried to talk to him, jeno wouldn't even muttered a word ) or they gave up because jeno was too quite for their taste or what they labelled him as, boring. still, the result was the same, they still gave up in the end, and if you were one of jeno's classmates you must know that he's not that type of person who will initially starts a conversation. you must be the one who do the effort.

so now, looking at him with only donghyuck on his side, you can say that no one really tried their best to put an effort befriending him except for the slightly shorter male beside him smiling widely as they walked on their way to the school's office.

deep inside, jeno always blamed himself for being so lonely. he knows that not everyone will understand him, not everyone needs to adjust to his ways. that someday he needs to be the one who'll do the first step. in every relationship, whether it be with your friends, family or lover, one sided connections will never work. jeno knows that. he knows all of that. he must put the same amount of effort if he wants to have friends, and that was the problem. jeno doesn't even know if he truly wants a lot of that. in his eighteen years of existence jeno already realized that friends can cause betrayal, disappointment and pain. it's not worth it, he thought. so, he will just stick with having donghyuck on his side. for now, donghyuck is enough for him.

“ why do you always look like you're planning a murder inside of your brain? ” jeno almost forgot that he's in school and that they are walking towards the office to get their schedule. he had lost himself again thinking about everything. he blinked a couple of times to regain his focus on what's happening here in the present and here in the present donghyuck is annoying him again.

“ if i'm going to murder someone, that will be you ” jeno scoffed at the shorter male beside him. a scowl was imprinted on his face and in contrast donghyuck's face was so radiant. jeno was always fascinated by the fact that donghyuck actually enjoyed school despite him failing most of his subjects meanwhile jeno swore that he can't despise anything more than he loathe school and yet he's the one who's doing great at his studies. world is so complicated after all.

“ i regret fetching you this morning, you know that? ” donghyuck stated back at him. “ but seriously though jeno, stop frowning everytime. smile a little ”

jeno forced a very stiff smile. that kind of smile where you could mistaken him having constipation. hopefully, that will shut donghyuck mouth down and thankfully it did. the tanned male beside him only gave him a deadpan expression while he shook his head. if only they're not in the middle of a crowded hallway, jeno might found himself laughing at donghyuck's reaction.