twenty four

an hour had passed since yeonjun left

an hour had passed since yeonjun left. they shared no communication, both of them just...thinking.

"mother? minsoo?" heejin suddenly called out softly, approaching the two that sat silently watching tv with an empty pizza box in front of them.

"yes?" they both asked sweetly.

heejin let out a sigh, not knowing how exactly to start without making an embarrassment of herself.

they watched her move silently to her mother- chaemi band begins snuggling up next to her, eyes staring at the tv before she spoke once again.

"how did you guys react when you found out who your soulmates were?" she asked, eyes still trained on the moving pixels on the large screen.

the older females glanced at each other, small smiles on their faces at heejin's question.

"would you like to go first?" minsoo asked, chaemi nodded and cleared her throat.

"well, your father and i had no idea who each other were. which is obviously different from you and yeon-"

"how'd you know my soulmate was yeonjun?" heejin questioned, looking up at her mother.

"i tried to help minsoo get him upstairs. but she told me i couldn't. now back to what i was saying. at first, we were extremely awkward and didn't know what to do. we waited two weeks before giving our rings to each other.

"it's okay to wait. but we didn't get affected as badly as you two. i think it was the universe's way of saying it was meant to be for you two." she stated, a cheeky smile on her face while heejin scoffed, trying to hide the small smile sneaking onto her face.

"but then we learned how to love each other. it was a slow process but with determination, it got easier. when he passed away we both knew there was no way i'd find someone like him again but i stayed here for you.

"and i know i made the right decision with the way you've grown up. i think once you and yeonjun get past your giant egos-"

"hey-"

"don't try and tell me i'm wrong. i love you both dearly but you two have too much pride. but as i was saying, i know you two will overcome this. no matter what either of you says, minsoo and i always knew this day would come."

"what do you mean?"

"well obviously you and yeonjun must've been too young to remember but when you guys were younger, sometimes you guys would act so fond of each other."

"younger? but yeonjun and i first met in middle school?"