Chapter 41

'That's half the episode.' Simon paused the episode of Friends we were watching.

'Aww, come on Simon.' Talia whined, reaching for the remote that Simon was holding up and above Talia's reach.

'I was actually enjoying that, and I don't even watch Friends!' I exclaimed.

'Wait- what?!' Simon and Talia turned and faced me in shock.

'I watch The Big Bang Theory. Imma nerd.' I shrugged. Simon and Talia shared a look of disgust, and opened their mouths to make remarks, but Josh thankfully cut them off. 

'Enough with your peasantry arguing and let's go and get ready.' Josh said.

'Girls in my room?' Freya suggested. We all just nodded.  

'Where am I meant to go, then?' Josh asked.

'Take your clothes out of the room and find out yourself!' Freya said. 'Anyways, let's go and get ready.' 

The girls all walked out of the room and dispersed around the house to find their outfits.

'Fuck.' I exclaimed.

'What's up' Laura asked, peaking her head around the door.

'The orange bikini I was talking about is at JJ's place.' I said, clutching my face in annoyance at myself.

'Just drive over and grab it.' Laura advised.

'How far is JJ's place from here?' I asked.

'Only about twenty minutes in Josh's minibus- but if you drive fast, you could probably make it back within fifteen minutes.' She shrugged. 

'Okay, well... I'll be back soon.' I said, before running down the stairs and going into the room I had wrapped the presents in. I snatched up one of the photos I had printed, before going outside to where my car was parked.

I took a seat and flipped my keys out of my pocket, jamming it into the keyhole and twisting it, which turned on the engine. I put my car into gear, and reversed out of the drive, before switching back to gear two and slamming my foot on the accelerator. Jesus, I hoped that JJ wasn't in the house.

...

I took the keys out of the engine and stowed them away in my pocket, before walking to the front door of the house. 

I opened the front door slowly, peeking around the door to check whether JJ was in. I couldn't see him anywhere. I walked in and shut the door behind me, slipping my shoes off and walking upstairs.

I opened the door to my room, flinching when the door emitted a loud squeaking sound. I pulled the photo I had printed out of my bag and looked at it. It was the photo of everyone on the beach together. I traced my fingers around the frame before placing it on the bedside table besides the picture of Alissa, Logan, Jake and I on the beach. I smiled at the distant memory of how much fun we had, before turning around and walking up to one of the drawers.

I rummaged through the third draw, pushing item's of swimwear to the side, until I came across the bikini. It was orange with a slightly longer top, and was made of a ribbed material. I shoved it into my bag, also throwing in a pair of holographic 90's nike air force sneakers. I turned around to exit the room when I saw JJ standing in the doorway.

'AH!' I screamed in shock.

'Oh, rah.' JJ laughed, surprised at how I had reacted.

'Sorry, I just freaked out when I saw you.' I explained, also laughing a little.

'It's alright.' He said. 'But I want to ask something.' 

'Go ahead.' 

'What should I wear for wherever we are wearing?' JJ asked.