The Turning Tide

It felt wrong going into battle without Gallaniara by my side. I walked in the direction of the main camp and when I was close enough, I activated my Song, making my markings turn green.
"Abalyes Kaltaris! Where have you been?" A female Sendaris said, running up to greet me. "Where's your sister?"
"We were both ambushed and we had to stay in the one spot. I was hunting down the thieves, they stole some of our supplies and a couple knives. I wasn't going to let them get away with it," I answered. "How have you been Taria?"
"I haven't been bad or good really."
"Why's that?"
"We're getting beaten back by the Nether forces. It's taking a huge toll on us." She paused. "Come on, I better tell the others you have returned."

As we walked towards the meeting that was happening, I looked around the camp. There were Ardoni, Humans and Felina running around everywhere, getting tools, weapons, people. They were running in and out of tents the Humans and Felinas had set up, giving or taking stuff,  then sprinting out again. My attention was completely diverted from what was in front of me.
"Hey, watch.. oh Abalyes, nice to see you here," Thalleous said.
"Sorry for bumping into you," I apologized.
"Don't worry about it." He smiled at me before going about his business again. Taria smiled at me.
"Look who's taking an interest in you," she teased, then cracked up laughing. I smiled. "Come on, we're almost there."

"What are we ment to do? Our armies are being defeated each and every time we fight the Nether forces," a Kaltaris I didn't know said.
"Abalyes Kaltaris has returned," Taria said, motioning towards me. I was standing right next to her.
"Where were you?"
"She got ambushed and thieves took her stuff, including her sister's stuff." The leaders at the meeting didn't seem to buy it. Luckily, Thalleous came walking to the meeting, preventing any further questions on where I was.
"So sorry I'm late," Thalleous said, not actually meaning the apology.
"That's fine. We need to decide on how we are going to attack the Nether armies. Any suggestions?" The Kaltaris leader asked.
"I may be able to help," an unfamiliar voice said behind me. I turned around to see a Nestoris, his golden markings shining in the daylight. "I am Achillean Nestoris." I froze as I recognized his name, I had killed his older brother.
"Okay. What's your suggestion?"
"It's not really a suggestion, it's more of I help take lead and unite the armies of Ardonia." Everyone was silent, listening to him. "And I'd like to avenge my brother by killing the Voltaris that killed him." I felt my throat constrict.
"That could very well work." The Kaltaris turned to a Mendoris that was standing beside him. "Go gather everyone up, we must discuss this with everyone." The Mendoris nodded and went to go gather everyone up.

Over time, our attempts to push back the Nether forces succeeded. Gallaniara was quite bitter that she didn't get to participate in the battles. I had also grown quite close to Achillean.
"Abalyes, what do you think the stars represent?" He asked me. We were laying on the grass, on our backs, side by side, looking up into the sparkling night sky. I still had to use my Supporillusion Song around him and everyone else.
"I don't really know. I've never thought about it," I replied. He rolled onto his side and looked into my green eyes.
"Something tells me you're not really who you seem." He traced a marking on my right shoulder.
"Who do you think I am?"
"I think you're someone that has a dark past and is very secretive." I stayed silent, thinking whether I should tell him or not.
"If I told you, how so you think you'd react?" He thought for a moment.
"Well, I've got one question that I want answered. Is Gallaniara really your sister?" I paused.
"In a way yes, but by blood, no." He didn't seem surprised by this bit of information.
"I've got another question. Are you really a Kaltaris?" I felt like that question stole my breath from me. "You can tell me. I swear on my life I won't tell anyone." I gazed into his eyes. He was being serious.
"Okay. I want to be able to provide an explanation but I'm going to skip that part. I'm.. I'm a.. Voltaris." I was expecting him to draw his double ended blade staff and kill or threaten me with it. Instead, he stayed quiet.
"I.. knew you weren't who you seemed." He traced that same marking on my shoulder. "And I don't care what clan you're from. You're you, not what your clan is." He paused. "Who is Gallaniara then?"
"I.. I don't know if I can tell you."
"She's a Voltaris too, isn't she?" I nodded. "I haven't met her, or even seen her yet."
"I suppose I could take you back to our camp. I don't know how Gallaniara will react though."
"Come on, we'll face that consequence together." He got up and helped me up. Still holding my hand, we walked in the direction of my camp.

Gallaniara was on guard when Achillean and I arrived.
"What's up Gallaniara?" I asked her. She motioned me to be quiet. She also hadn't noticed Achillean yet. Thalleous came jumping out of a bush and knocked Gallaniara to the ground. She kicked him off and got into a ready position with her sword. Thalleous attempted to stike at her but she blocked the blow with ease. He put his hands up in surrender.
"Why are you giving up so easily?" Gallaniara asked him. He simply pointed to Achillean. Gallaniara readied her sword and then noticed I had my hand in his. She put her sword down. "What have I told you about bringing boys home?" Gallaniara cracked up laughing at her stupid statement. Thalleous joined in. I rolled my eyes and Achillean raised an eyebrow. Gallaniara and Thalleous eventually gathered themselves up. I noticed Achillean inspecting Gallaniara and his hand got tighter around mine. I looked at him curiously.
"Is Gallaniara related to Ingressus?" He asked, a bit sharply. I looked at him in surprise.
"Yes I am. He's my twin brother. What about it?" Gallaniara said. His grip didn't loosen. "Oh, if you're wondering, I'm nothing like Ingressus." Achillean's grip slightly loosened.
"Achillean, what exactly are you doing here?" Thalleous asked.
"Abalyes invited me to meet Gallaniara," he said.
"And Abalyes, he now knows you're Voltaris, there's no point in having the Song active around him."
"Oh, I'd forgotten," I said. I deactivated the Song and my blood red markings showed again. Achillean didn't let go of my hand or flinch. He just simply admired my markings, looking me up and down. Thalleous looked up at the moon.
"Achillean, we should probably get going before someone wonders where we are." Achillean tried to hide his disappointment and let go of my hand reluctantly. Thalleous and Achillean turned and walked back in the direction of the main camp. I watched them go.
"Looks like someones interested in you," Gallaniara teased and laughed.