Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two:
Happy Homecoming
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Much like Fallon with JJ, JJ could remember the moment he knew for sure that he was in love with her. Beforehand, JJ knew he had some sort of feelings for her, sure, but that night

It was after homecoming, they'd gone together because John B had found himself a date, Kie was off at the Kook academy tripping the life fantastic with Sarah Cameron, not that Fallon was upset with her, if she was Kie, she'd be doing the same thing. That left Pope, and he had fallen prey to the flu.

Which left Fallon and JJ dateless. Seeing as John B had effectively backed out of their go as a group plan at the very last second, JJ, quite eagerly, suggested them going together, sliding in the as friends to try and get a yes from her.

When Fallon agreed, equally as excited as JJ was, he couldn't believe it. He was ecstatic! Until he realized how expensive school dances could be. There were the fancy-ass Kooky clothes, the flowers and other gifts, the pre-dance meals, the tickets. The list went on, and all of it added up to more than JJ could afford.

Of course, Homecoming wasn't nearly as fancy as prom, but Fallon had talked the entire summer about how excited she was for her first real high school dance. The smile on her face made JJ's heart warm, and all he wanted was for her to smile like that more. He didn't wanna be the one to disappoint her again, especially after her house had been ravished by the hurricane in June. It seemed the Orabella family couldn't catch a break.

"You look gorgeous, honey."  Jacob smiled, watching as his daughter tapped her fingers on her arm, unable to stay still or contain her excitement.

"Thank you, dad." Fallon grinned, spinning and peering out the window, anxiously adjusting the heirloom hairpin holding her raven hair out of her face.

"My baby's growing up so fast.." He continued, a twinge of sadness flashing in his eyes. "You need to slow down."

"Don't get emotional, love." Her mother called from the kitchen, "She doesn't wanna see you crying! She'll start crying-"

"And ruin her makeup, I know, I know." Jacob repeated with a sigh, "I've heard it before."

"Just sayin'!"

"Well-"

"He's here!" Fallon shouted,  cutting off her father's sentence. She rushed over, standing on her tippy toes to plant a kiss on her father's cheek before walking to the kitchen. She planted a kiss on her mom's cheek, "Love you guys! See you after!"

Her parent's could barely get a word in before she was out the door and standing on the porch.

"JJ!" She grinned, her eyes trailing over his appearance. Her smile brightened as she lifted her eyes to meet his gaze, "You clean up just like a prince."

"You.." JJ trailed off, his voice catching in his throat. His arm began to shake as he handed the flowers over. "You look... uh, nice... Re-Real nice.

Fallon laughed as JJ's voice cracked on the words. "Thank you."

"Mhm." JJ squeaked, "Uh.. I-I got-"