A Movie REVIEW

Written by Jheavv1918

Alone/Together

Alone/Together was written and directed by Antoinette Jadaone. It is a romantic film starring Liza Soberano & Enrique Gil. The story tells about the love story of Christine (Soberano) and Raf (Gil), who cross paths again eight years after they first met during their college years.
The story or film begins with Christine “Tin” Lazaro who is a part time guide at the museum touring high school students in The Philippine National Museum. Christine is a University of the Philippines Art Studies major. During one of her tours, she meets Rafael "Raf" Toledo (Enrique Gil), a University of Santo Tomas - Biology student, and an avid fan of The Eraserheads. They first find themselves debating the comparison of the museum famous paintings and about the favorite song of Raf “Spoliarum”. After how many odds, they began dating and entered a relationship. Raf wants to pursue his dream of becoming a doctor while Tin likes to be a museum director once they graduate from college, she also dreams to visit The MET and other museums in New York.
They became sweet and adorable to each other but they fall apart when Tin graduated from college.
Tin work in non-government organization wherein she was accused by her boss Janice to steal their company funds. She got stress and decides to break up with Raf. Raf was not able to graduate again on time. Raf didn't want to give up Tin so he proposed to her but Tin refuses and leave Raf for good. "Greg" Fausto (Luis AlandAlandy) help Tin to cope up. Due to stressful situation she breaks up with Raf when she learns that Raf was not able to graduate again on time, and is still stuck at preparatory medicine school. Raf initially proposes Tin, to avoid losing her, but Tin refuses the proposal and leaves Raf for good.
Five years had passed and Tin had a relationship with Greg. She also work on Greg's company but he didn't trust he professional decisions and he let clients to criticize Tin's work. Tin cannot make her own decisions just like she was controlled by her boyfriend. She performs her job very diligently, but still does not feel the respect and recognition she believed she deserves.

When she accompanied Greg at the PICC awarding ceremony she met Raf and they talked to each othe. She finally tells him tha she broke up with him because of the problem she faced in the company she work.
After much realization, Raf receives a call from the hospital, needing his immediate presence to treat patients there. Tin accompanied him and there sees Raf working diligently and passionately at the hospital, taking notice of his personality change and that Raf is currently living his dream of being a doctor. While in there, Raf introduces Tin to Aly (Jasmine Curtis-Smith), a fellow doctor and his current girlfriend.
One of their project was held in New York so Tin pleads to Greg to send her thier. At first Greg refuses but allows her to go later on. Raf followed Tin and they fulfilled their dreams to visit the MET. They enjoy being together and Tin realizes that naybe its not to late to chase her dreams and to start a career in the field she desires, she get copies of application forms as souvenirs and as well as reminder that it may not really be too late for her after all. While fulfilling their dreams to see New York, Raf reveals that he broke up with Aly and wanted to marry Tin, she sadly rejects his engagement, stating that she would hurt Greg and his daughter Aisha (Xia Vigor) if she marries him which leads them to argue and to Raf's rejection.
They returned to the Philippines and find out that Aly was pregnant with Raf's child.
Tin tries to move on and engages Greg in an enthusiastic conversation about her journey to the New York Museums, but Greg show little to no interest. She later expressed her thoughts about going back to the field she once worked for. Argument was happened between them when Greg forces her to be practical, and reminds her of her past mistakes she made in her previous job, stating that no one will accept her because of it. Gre states that she is not working well enough.
Tin was hurt and now enlightened that Greg will never trust her life decisions, and that he sees her more as an employee more than his girlfriend. With that thing she breaks up with him and decides to resign her post at the company.
After those happenings Tin visited Raf and apologizes to him for all her mistakes but she was failed.
She gets advice to her college professor Alwyn (Nonie Buencamino). Tin start her new life and left her current state. At first, her past mistakes continued to hinder her applications being accepted, but she eventually found a job when a museum head told her that everyone can learn from their mistakes and change for the better. Tin begins a new job at the museum to chase her dream to become a museum director.
Back at the National Museum, she watches the award ceremony for the Filipino artists. After the awards ceremony, she is visited again by Raf and finally reconciles their relationship. The film ends with Tin and Raf looking at Juan Luna's Spoliarium while he carries his son from Aly during their visit to the National Museum.

In this movie we can learn that no matter how hard the life is we should never give up. If we had a dream, we should work hard on it. We should never depend on other people so that we can grow. To be an effective person is you must believe in yourself. We are the one who holds our future and it depends on us on how we can make it grow. In the movie it also shows on how powerful love is.
We must always remember that we must figure out first what we really want, not just romantically but also when it comes to our respective careers and dreams.