𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

CHAPTER THREE | THE RAGER

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

KLARA HALTED JUST BEFORE SHE STEPPED INTO ALARIC SALTZMAN'S OLD CLASSROOM. It was the first time that she and her friends had been in the classroom since Alaric's death. Klara was visibly disheartened as she thought of the man but she just took a deep breath and moved over to her desk, which was conveniently placed right in between Stefan and Elena's.

Klara glanced at Elena's desk beside her and offered her a sympathetic smile. "How're you doing?"

"First period and I'm ready to bawl my eyes out." Elena scoffed, though it was far from amusing. "Could be better."

Before Stefan could comment, Rebekah's voice boomed as she entered the classroom. "Morning, everyone!" She held flyers in her hand and began handing them to members of the class. "So, I'm throwing a little anti-curfew party at my new house. Starts at fifth period and goes 'til whenever. Spread the word." She handed a flyer to Klara and then turned to Elena. "You're welcome to join, Elena if you'd like to bury the hatchet."

The doppelganger glanced down at the flyer that Rebekah dumped on her desk and scoffed. "It's a pretty enormous hatchet."

"Well, I'm feeling generous of spirit." Rebekah retorted but Elena's stern look remained unchanged as she rolled her eyes.

The blonde vampire picked up the flyer and began to examine it before she glanced at Rebekah. "New house?" Klara asked. "Did, uh—Did your brother kick you out?"

"He didn't kick me out. I left." The Original vampire corrected with a sharp, vicious tone.

Elena couldn't help but let a scoff leave her lips as she listened to the exchange. "So, you left the only person on Earth that actually likes you?" 

Rebekah glanced at the Salvatore who remained silent. Then to Klara. "Your best friend and your ex-boyfriend are in a relationship. Something tells me, Elena, I'm not the one that has to worry about people liking me."

It was obvious that Rebekah's words hit a nerve with Elena. She clenched her fists and looked down at her desk as soon as Stefan exhaled. "Why are you still in town, Rebekah? Don't you have anywhere else to go?"

"Well, history's my favorite class. Actually, where is Mr. Saltzman?" The blonde turned around and began to look for Alaric, which only angered Elena a lot more. "Oh, that's right," Rebekah whispered with a smirk. "I killed him."

Klara had enough. She grabbed hold of her yellow pencil that laid on her desk and threw it straight at Rebekah, who caught it midair. Before Rebekah could react, Klara stormed out of the classroom with Stefan who followed straight after.

"Klara." He called after the blonde, but she didn't seem to stop. "Klara, where are you going?" He sighed, exasperatedly.

"Anywhere but here!" Klara yelled back in response to him as she pushed her hands against the door and threw it open. She walked out of the school and over to the bench. "She's a vicious little bitch. I hate her."