Chapter 16

This chapter is dedicated to the wonderful Lightningflame  who has left such amazing comments and votes!
Comments from you guys always cheer me up so much and I appreciate the votes you give! xx

_________________________________________

Kira remained in her room for the rest of the break, only ever coming out for breakfast, dinner or lunch.

Her father had left. Lucius Malfoy had let slip to the other Death Eaters that David Rose had been defeated by his sixteen-year-old daughter.

She was quite happy that her father was now the laughingstock between the Death Eaters. He deserved the embarrassment. Deep down she hoped Voldemort would punish him for his weakness but that was a long shot.

Regulus had tried to speak to her, to cheer her up, but she needed space. She tried to spend as much time with Charles as she could.

Her and Narcissa also spent some time together and became rather close. Narcissa promised the girl to look after Charles while he stayed at Malfoy Manor until the two could get him away from Kira's father.

Kira hoped this would be soon, Summer maybe, but it could take until the Summer after her seventh year.

Time flew by until Regulus Black was knocking on her door to make sure she was ready to leave for Hogwarts.

Kira opened the door and gave Regulus a half smile, which he returned.

"You ready?" He asked as they walked downstairs. The house elves have taken her bags for her.

"I guess," she shrugged.

Regulus chuckled and nudged her with his elbow. "That's better than nothing."

"I never thought I'd say this but I've missed Ava's incessant babbling," Kira sighed. She had missed her friend more than ever, she needed someone, and while Regulus was there for her, she needed her best friend.

"Thank you, Regulus," she said.

Regulus turned to her and furrowed his brows, "What for?"

Kira smiled and looked him in the eyes, "For trying to cheer me up. It meant a lot, and I'm sorry for pushing you away. I need to brood on my own," she chuckled, Regulus joining her.

The two reached Narcissa and Lucius. The pair would be apparting them there, as Kira and Regulus were still too young to apparate.

Once at the train station, Narcissa and Lucius said a quick goodbye, leaving the two teenagers on their own.

"I've got to go find Ava. I'll see you at Hogwarts," She smiled at Regulus and wandered off in the direction of the train.

Boarding the train, Kira was nearly knocked over from the force of Ava's hug.

"Merlin, Ava. You'd've thought I hadn't seen you in months with the way you greeted me," Kira said, hugging Ava back.

"Well I missed you!" Ava exclaimed, "Come on, I've got us a compartment."

Three hours passed, and the two were still nowhere near Hogwarts. They had been chatting, and Kira told Ava what had happened at Malfoy Manor and why she had been invited.

Ava was upset that it wasn't an arranged marriage but Kira rolled her eyes at the hopeless romantic.

The compartment door opened abruptly causing both girls to turn their heads towards the Seventh year standing in the doorway.

"Merlin, have you no manners?" Ava scoffed, at the boy.

"Bloody Hell," he muttered and rolled his eyes.

"Yes, Sirius?" Kira asked, hoping he would leave soon. He was accompanied by none other than James Potter.

"Well hello to you too, Kira," Sirius said and took a seat next to her.

Kira rolled her eyes, "What do you want?" She repeated.

"Why were you with my brother?" He said.

"At the train station?" She asked, to which he nodded. "I was saying hello."

"Liar. I saw you apparate here with him, Cissa and Malfoy." Kira was about to object when he spoke again, "and I saw you leave with him and my parents at the beginning of Christmas break."

Ava sat calmly in the corner with James who sat next to her, watching the scene unfold in front of them.

Kira couldn't tell them the truth, so she did what she could, lied. "They escorted me home and back. My sister and her fiancé were working so they couldn't fetch me."

"You're brother wasn't with you."

"He went home with a friend," she shrugged and leaned back. "Surely you'd know all about that, Sirius?"

Sirius glared at her, "Stay away from Regulus. He's a Death Eater and you know it."

"I've told you before, Sirius, he is not a Death Eater," Kira states, though she was beginning to doubt it herself.

Sirius glared and got up. He beckoned to James who gave the girls a wave and a smirk, and the pair left, leaving the girls alone once again.

"Merlin's Beard, you'd think they'd get the hint by now," Ava said.

Kira chuckled, "Have you met James Potter?"

Ava laughed, "You got me there."

The Hogwarts Express pulled into the train station at last. Kira and Ava hurried out, happy to be back.

Kira put on her signature frown and walked ahead of Ava, who had started talking about the colour of the grass.

This was how the pair spent their time together in public. Kira, frowning and unsociable, while Ava talked about anything and everything.

The two didn't mind, Kira didn't like talking, Ava loved talking. So they compromised, Ava could talk as much as she liked and Kira would listen to every single word she said.

Many wondered how or why the two were friends, but no one knew that the amount Kira talked behind closed doors could rival Ava herself.

_________________________________________

Another chapter!

Hope you enjoyed! Vote and comment, it really means a lot! <3

Might've forgotten the quote today...oh well, there will be one in the next update!

– walkingmasterpiece xx