Chapter 26 - the golden lie

Y/n had no idea how much time had passed. Her head and body was throbbing in pain, and she couldn't move.

"Wake her up. We need her for the next phase of our plan."

"What if she doesn't wake up?"

"She has a pulse, you fucking idiot. Of course she'll wake up! We told Renegade Shadow to bring her to us alive."

"She's starting to wake up... shut up and go-"

"M-Midas," the weakened girl stammered softly, her eyes skewed shut in pain. She started to breathe in and out heavily as a hand lay on her shoulder, "Hey, hey. It's alright."

Y/n whimpered and started to flutter her eyes open, her eyes desperately trying to focus on the figure in front of her. Soon, her eyes adjusted and she instantly knew who was in front of her.

"Sorona... So-soron-?!" her eyes widened and she immediately tried to back away in fear, instantly regretting it as her back roared in flames of pain the moment she moved.

She screamed and threw her head back, trying desperately to move from the table she laid on, to no avail.

"Calm down," Sorona frowned, resting her hand on her shoulder again. "You're safe. We're fixing you up... you got in a nasty explosion."

"Y-You did this!" Y/n stammered, her breathing heavy as she glared at Sorona. "No, neither of us did," a bone chilling familiar voice spoke lowly.

Y/n turned her head to the left slightly and saw Chaos Agent - or who she assumed to be - slowly walk into the room she was being held in.

"Our Agent, Renegade Shadow, saved you. You should be grateful, though I wouldn't expect you to be grateful of anything I do for you now," Chaos Agent spoke.

Y/n gulped. He looked much, much scarier than before - mainly because his true form was being shown off to the world. His mask and breathing tank were gone, and instead his black body of goop was floating freely, sending chills down her spine.

"Wh-where's Midas... what did you do to him?" Y/n tried to remain calm, but Chaos just laughed, "Ah, he's fine. We haven't even gone near him yet. You're a brave girl, Y/n. Even after Sorona kidnapped you, you still chose to run back to your sweet little Golden Boy, hmm?" Chaos Agent wandered over to her table, leaning close by it.

"Too bad you'll suffer the same fate as his past lover. Though, I'd hardly consider you a lover... He was so infatuated with Damodice," Chaos Agent smirked, the goop moving just slightly to show it off.

"He loves me," Y/n narrowed her eyes, "This is between you and me, Chaos. Leave him out of it."

"Did you forget, that your entire mission was to gather intel on Midas, kill him, and report back to us? And, like Sorona mentioned, you did neither of the sort. You failed me, Y/n. And I refuse to let failures walk free," Chaos growled.

"Why do you even care so much about Midas, anyway!" Y/n snapped back, "You're obsessed with him! And for what? The fact he doesn't believe in your ideals?!"

"HE DID THIS TO ME!" Chaos Agent yelled at her, slamming his fist onto the table, making her pull her legs away in fear. "He tried to murder me. All because he didn't see things the way I saw them."

"That's not true!" Y/n responded. She was going to support Midas, no matter what. Chaos Agent was the bad guy here, not Midas.

"Did he ever tell you how we met? Did he ever tell you anything at all, Y/n?" Chaos sneered, anger boiling in his veins.

Y/n remained silent, allowing him to chuckle, "Figured. Stay comfortable, sweetheart..." Chaos Agent sat down, crossing his arms, "this will take awhile."