Chapter 7

warning: mature content

The beginning of October brought an unexpected heatwave over Kentwood. And the air conditioner, that Harry hadn't gotten around to replacing yet, wasn't strong enough to keep Harry cool. That's what Louis told Harry when he invited him over; Harry insisted he was fine.

Haz, my air con is better than yours. Just come over, we can order pizza or something.

Okay, bossy. See you soon.

Harry did come over to Louis' wearing a pair of denim cut off shorts that hugged his thighs and a white t-shirt. Louis never thought a plain t-shirt could look that good on anyone. And frankly, it was probably gross that he thought it was incredibly sexy, the way the humidity and sweat made it stick to Harry's back and he could see every mile of muscle.

He let Harry walk in front of him, he already knew the way to Louis' room, and admired the way the tight muscles flexed on his back. God, Louis thought, I need help.

Louis stuck his key in the door, turning it and letting them in. "Where are Liam and Zayn?" Harry asked.

"They both went back home this weekend," Louis offered as an explanation, turning his air con to blast as much cool air as it could. Harry hummed sadly. Louis knew it was because Harry was really family oriented. He constantly texted his sister and called his mum everyday.

They had talked about it before, only once. Louis came over to Harry's for dinner and they sat on his bed. Louis held him while he cried, telling him how homesick he was.

Louis didn't want Harry to cry today, so instead he came up with a distraction. "I've got an idea, H."

"Oh, joy. You've been thinking again?" Harry stroked Louis' head. "Don't hurt yourself."

Louis shoved him, making Harry stumble and land hard on the couch with an umph. Louis plopped down next to him, phone in hand.

"Let's make a playlist. And the playlist describes a feeling. We should call this one like songs for how the sun feels on your skin."

Harry beamed down at Louis and scooted closer. "Well, I've got the perfect one." Harry could barely contain his laughter, turning his body away from Louis as he typed in the song and added it to the playlist. California Gurls by Katy Perry.

"You've got to be joking?" Louis laughed.

"No way you can listen to that song and not think of how the sun feels on your skin."

"Okay, okay. That's fair." Louis added Summer Nights from Grease.

"Oh, good. That one is perfect." Harry added Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell.

Louis put in Margaritaville. "How do you even know that song?" Harry asked.

"Please, don't insult me."

Harry added The Prawn Song by superorganism. "What on Earth is that?"

"Shhh, listen. This song feels just like summer." And Harry played the song for him, it did sound like summer. They took turns, adding songs, showing each other music, laughing together.

Harry sat up, tugging at his shirt that was stuck against his back. "I'm still hot as hell."

Without putting much thought into it, Louis agreed and pulled off his own shirt. He gestured for Harry to follow. And when he did, Louis immediately regretted his decision.

He could barely function looking at the muscles in Harry's back through a t-shirt. Now he had a half-naked Harry Styles covered in black tattoos all over his toned chest and stomach, Louis thought he might faint. He told himself it was the heat, not the fact that he was ridiculously attracted to his friend.