Bickering and Hugs (Ch 17)

Troye's POV
---

Ahh, shit. Could I make myself any more obvious?

Still blushing furiously, even though there's no one to see me, I quickly change and get ready for the day - or what's left of it, anyway.

I hear Tyler knock repeatedly on the bathroom door. "Can I come in? I need to do my hair. Is it safe, or will I be scarred for life?"

I roll my eyes, and yank the door open. If he's going to ignore - either purposefully or naively - what I said before, I'm just going to play along.

"Please," I scoff. "If you saw me naked, you'd be breathless, not scarred."

I brush past him and out of the bathroom, not looking at his reaction.

"I need food," he calls out, after a moment.

I groan loudly in response and grab the phone. I ring room service, feeling too lazy to prepare the food myself, and order some bacon and eggs - the bacon is for Tyler, I hate bacon - and some toast. That's a breakfast-lunch-type-weird-thing. (At least, it is in my opinion.)

The food arrives just as Tyler finally finishes in the bathroom.

After I thank the friendly man who delivered the food, I turn to Tyler and make a face. "Took you long enough."

"The queen has always got to look perfect," Tyler says, smiling innocently at me.

We both laugh. I walk into the kitchen to grab a jar of Nutella to put on my toast.

I join Tyler again.

"Bon appetite," I say, and we dig in, both so hungry we could eat a horse - not literally though, I mean, when you think about it, it'd probably taste disgusting.

---

When we finish our food, we turn on our laptops and lie on the bed, side-by-side.

I open up Tumblr, and Tyler copies. We scroll through our feed, constantly showing each other posts and gifs every five seconds and occasionally liking posts, possibly causing some to fangirl.

Eventually, I look over at the clock on the bedside table and am shocked to find that it read 6:07pm.

"Tilly," I say.

"Yeah?" He asks, looking at me curiously.

"We should probably do something else for a while," I say. I gesture by hand towards the clock, and his eyes widen when he spots the time. "We've been here for hours!"

"Yeah, okay," he agrees, shutting his laptop lid. I do the same, and place it on the floor next to me.

"What do you wanna do?" I ask.

"I dunno," he says. I grin - are we really going to start this again?

"I dunno either," I say.

"You're the one who wants to do something else," Tyler argues.

"You agreed with me! You pick," I retort.

"You pick!" He says.

"No, you pick!"

"You!"

"You!"

"You pick!"

"No!"

Tyler pouts.

I roll my eyes. "C'mon Tilly, we're in France! We should go for a walk or something, grab something to eat so we don't starve."

"Okay," Tyler agrees. "But I need to change first."

"No, you don't. You look perfect already," I say honestly, getting my phone and wallet. "Let's go!"

Tyler mumbles something under his breath.

"Huh?" I ask. "I can't hear you."

"Never mind," Tyler brushes it off. I shrug as he grabs his phone and some money, and two minutes later, we're ready to leave the hotel.

---
Tyler's POV
---

"No, you don't. You look perfect already," Troye says. I look at him. He's busy grabbing the things he needs.

"Not as perfect as you," I say quietly.

"Huh?" He asks, turning to me. "I can't hear you."

"Never mind," I say quickly, collecting my stuff.

We leave the hotel and stand on the busy street.

Despite it being tea time, there are still lots of people out and about.

A family of three passes, the little girl speaking to her parents in rapid French.

"Where're we going?" Troye asks me.

"Let's go for a walk," I suggest, turning to my left.

"What if we get lost?" Troye asks worriedly, but following me anyway.

"Doesn't matter," I shrug. "What's life without a little risk?"

"Safe," Troye retorts.

I laugh, but Troye just frowns. "If we get lost," he says seriously, "I'll never see my laptop again."

"That's a bit overdramatic," I say, looking at him.

He doesn't say anything, just looks ahead and pouts.

He adorable when he pouts. He adorable anyway, but even more adorable - if that's possible - when he pouts.

"Troooyyyeee," I step in front of him, stopping him from walking.

He doesn't say anything.

"Troye, why won't you talk to me?" I whine.

Silence.

"Troye, Troye, Troye, Troye, Troye, TimTam, Troye, TroyeSivan-"

"What?" He says grumpily, but the minute he looks at me he smiles and I know he's not really angry.

"You weren't talking to me," I say, frowning.

"Because you're annoying," he says.

"But you love me," I say sweetly, laughing.

"Not really," he says thoughtfully, still smiling.

I fake a hurt look. "Ouch!" I say, placing my hand on my chest. "Right in the heart!"

Troye laughs, and pulls me towards him in a tight embrace.

I hug him back, just as tightly, though I'm a little confused. "What's this for?" I say as he gently rests his chin on my head.

"Just for being you," he says. We stay like that for a while, and that's when I realise.

What started as a simple infatuation is slowly but surely turning into something more - and that can only lead to one thing.

Heartbreak.

---
A/N: idkkkkkk

I kinda like this chapter.

Don't ask me why, it's more of another filler than anything else and otherwise pointless, but still... :P ITS SORT OF FLUFFY, YOU KNOW? THAT FLUFF.

As you may have noticed, I changed the cover for this story XD

Comment and vote and I'll love you more than Santa loves cookies :3 <333
(Ik Christmas is over, but I'm still in a Christmas mood bc idk.)

Xx - JJ

INSTAGRAM:

YouTube-based acc; @_yxutubers
Troyler acc; @_hashtagtroyler_
Book-based acc; @fangirlinq__

TWITTER:

@troylerizlyf