thirteen

"where's jin?" sooyoung asked, looking around their lunch table to see everyone except her older friend

"i'm not sure, she's hasn't texted me back all day." jiyeon said, shoving a piece of food into her mouth.

"all day? it's only noon. maybe she slept in or something." taehyun rationalized, taking a sip of his drink.

"i guess you're right. she doesn't have any classes today."

"but then again, she always texts us when she's gonna sleep in late. and she doesn't ever sleep in anyways." jisoo determined. the others nodded understandingly, knowing that this sudden shift in behavior was different from heejin's usual self.

"why are you so quiet today?" soobin suddenly asked yeonjun.

the others looked over towards him to see him swirling his food, seemingly uninterested in it.

"yeonjun?" soobin called out again after not receiving even a glance after talking to him the first time.

"huh?" yeonjun murmured, looking up from his food to see the others all looking at him.

"why are you suddenly acting weird?" jiyeon asked again, staring into his eyes intensely as her eyebrows became furrowed.

something felt wrong in her stomach. something was off. and her guts were telling her it was important.

"i'm just not very hungry, i guess." yeonjun said, tearing his eyes away from everyone and once again swirling his food.

the others slouched it off, not wanting to overwhelm him with questions. but jiyeon continued to look after the younger boy, knowing something was holding him back.

but she ignored the gut intuition after a few minutes and continued her lunch.