Chapter 14| Hediye (ہدیہ)

"Life is quite weird because sometimes we get the most unexpected gifts at the most unexpected time

"Life is quite weird because sometimes we get the most unexpected gifts at the most unexpected time. It's not about being perfect. I guess it never was. It is always about living your real expression to fullest. Living the real you. Allowing the sunshine to penetrate through yourself, fearlessly, making your hair flutter with fresh air. Sinking in it. It's as simple as deciding to dance in the middle of road with your partner at night out of nowhere, it's like ruining the perfect salsa and then laughing to your fullest, doing the morning yoga and then ruining it by your clumsy dance moves in between, it's like walking with a serious mood and the next moment stuffing your mouth with your favourite food. It's like no matter how screwed up the day was, still laughing at moonlight and sleeping like this is the only moment you have. It's when your car's tyre gets punctured and you kick the car in frustration, then you starts laughing at your adventurous fate while walking to see what awaits? It's like enjoying your breakfast as if it is the best thing you have in a day. It's like making a slide out of random stair case and if you fall, laugh again. It's like when people are running for a shade, you jump exactly into puddles ruining your protocols and letting the rain soak you in it. It's like smiling so hard that all the sad noises goes into permanent backgrounds. We all are a moment. Life is lived in moments.

but let me tell you that people around you even your loved ones won't support your moments everytime. Sometimes very closed ones will be ruiners too. That is why try to make it the fullest all by yourself. Be that strong radiating energy magnet who don't need people but people need it for getting good change in their lives. "
__________________________

It was the usual day of hospital. Patients, internes and doctors attending in ERs, ICUs and OTs. Shifts of the staff were to be assigned this week. Sarrinah and Norhan were appointed as ER doctors in a night shift week that was about to start next day.

Zain, being senior doctor and psychiatrist attended the general OPDs and consultation of his patients as well. The day was a bit rough on doctors of Life care Hospital, might due to a lot of ER cases or the scorching heat of summer.

Sarrinah stood in scrub, reviewing a file of patient when an emergency rushed in and both of the doctors in-charge ran to attend.

"28 year old, Car accident, pupil reflexes are weak, internal bleeding, can be liver injury, pulse weak, respiration rate dropping."

The ambulance staff informed in a robotic way. She observed the patient in a well trained manner.

One month had changed her good professionally. Starting a journey from death case to treating countless patients effortlessly, her confidence and growth was visible.

"Connect the monitor, hurry up! Wash the wounds, prepare the strature!"

She was quick. Meanwhile, Norhan injected the required dose.