Chapter 60

(INTRODUCING DIANA SILVERS AS KRISTIE KENNEDY!)

HI BABIES!

OMG CHAPTER 60!!! 620K reads!!! AN unreal achievement for me so thank you so so much!

HERE'S THE NEW CHAPTER!! Lot's of love to you all and I hope you're buckled in because the next couple are going to be filled to the brim!!!

LOVE U ALL XX

.

.

.

CHAPTER 60

All the words that I had planned to say to Trent seemed to die on my lips the moment we were alone together.

We'd walked back to the house in silence - my mind whirling with confessions and desires, but by the time I had managed to pluck up the courage to say something and prepared myself for the moment of truth, we'd arrived at the pack-house and been bombarded by Kristie and Tom, who were having the time of their lives playing video games with the teenage boys who had taken them back.

Kristie had asked where Cameron was and when I'd explained vaguely that we'd had an argument and that he'd gone home, she'd nodded but her eyes had quickly glanced to Trent as if she was looking for a sign of something else.

The moment had only been interrupted by Tom's squeal of excitement at winning the game and then his laughter as he asked why the boys there seemed to all walk around topless - not that he minded.

The tension broke as soon as he opened his mouth and everyone seemed to relax but Kristie had glued herself to my side, dragging me over to the beanbags that could fit both of us on one.

I'd looked back at Trent with an apologetic gaze but he only smiled and shook his head softly, his attention already being taken by Cole and whatever he was whispering in his ear.

"Is everything okay?" Kristie had asked me, her voice barely audible but eyes wary. Even though I explained to her that everything was fine, she didn't seem to believe me and for the rest of the evening, she watched me out the corner of one eye while pretending not to.

Trent and Cole had disappeared only a couple of minutes after we got back to the house, leaving us with Scarlette and the teenage boys to keep us company. We had a good night, but when the sun began to set and Tom began to yawn, we decided to call it a night and get everyone home.

It came as no surprise to me however that as we prepared to say our goodbyes, Kristie had grabbed my hand and asked if she could stay the night, telling me that she'd just borrow clothes from me or Scarlette for the next day at school and her other things were already in her car.

I knew exactly what she was doing - she was concerned that Trent was the same as Matt, that the hypothesis that she'd come up with where Trent had hurt Cam was the truth and that I might be getting myself into something bad again.

That's why I'd agreed and thrown the red-headed girl beside us a grateful smile when she'd offered to drive Tom home, allowing Kristie to stay over.

We'd chatted about the day and evening as we showered and got ready to sleep, skimming over the difficult points of conversation that she seemed hesitant to bring up.

It was only as we'd climbed into bed and settled down that she'd finally turned to me and asked me the truth about what had happened at the beach and now I was struggling to lie about it.

"I told you, we argued and left," I explain, brushing my hair through with my fingers, "Trent and him don't exactly get along and he was rude."

"I can tell," she mumbles, "But why don't they like each other? Any specific reason?"