CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT*

THEO

We have a dog in the house. Groot, a three-year-old border Collie—who is batshit crazy. The beast belongs to Laine's brother, Edward, and as he's staying over for a few days, he brought the dog along with them. George is throwing a tennis ball around the garden with his good arm, using this strange plastic gadget, while Beau chases after the dog.

Laine cuddles up to my side near the bi-folding doors to watch the kids outside. "Do you fancy taking a long walk to Sydney Park? They have a new outdoor workout section."

I am craving a workout. I pick my hands up. "Yeah, sounds good. When did you want to go?"

She puts her soft fingers just beside my jaw to turn my face towards hers, grinning when she kisses me hard on the mouth. She's a ball of sunshine, this woman. "Edward is back from work now so he can look after the kids."

I breathe her in because she's my fucking addiction, then I squeeze her side before heading for the door. "I'll get changed."

My lips curve into an amused smile when she grips onto my hand to tug me back in her space for another kiss, letting it linger there just a moment more to drive me crazy. "Laine."

"I read about this sex position that I want to try out with you," she whispers close to my ear with a sweet blush in her cheeks.

I lift my eyes to hers to examine her face, not expecting the words that left her mouth, but holy hell did it spark the crazy in me. I repeat. "Laine." Not when your family are meters away from us.

She licks her lips nervously as she watches me, watch her, seeming unsure of what to do next. "Do you want me to explain?"

My gaze falls on the kids outside and Edward pushing Belle on the swing set, a good distance from us. "Yes."

"It's called the Ballet Dancer and we can do it in the shower," she replies, a sweet innocence about the enthusiasm.

Shower sex with Laine?

Yeah, yeah, and yeah.

I chew on my bottom lip to try to curb the need to drag her up those stairs right now. "Like shower sex."

"You do?" Her cheeks are a deep red now when she turns to look at the garden. "We could detour to your apartment on the way to the park?"

I dip my head closer at the lust that fills me so bad that my dick just grew three sizes. "Need to go. Now."

She says something, then laughs but I'm too preoccupied to listen. In my head, we're already in my apartment where I strip her down as soon as we step through the door. My willpower is shredding by the second, and I'm not even sure that I will make the two-mile walk to my place.

Sliding my hands around her waist, I guide her closer, then I press my lips to her ear. "Want you. So bad."

The way her body shudders tells me that she's just as strung up as I am. "It's all that I can seem to think about."

"Yeah?" I sound way too cocky.

She giggles. "Yeah."

My dick is pulsing in my jeans. My heart is smacking up against my ribcage and it's feeding everything inside of me. I lean in closer to kiss her ear once more. "We should go."

She nods against me, and my control very nearly snaps. This causes my hands to dig into her hips, pulling the sexiest noise from her beautiful mouth. "I'll go say 'bye to everyone."

I watch her dash through the door and then I rearrange my erection in my pants. She's got a spell on me. Fuck, does she. The blood rushes through me, hot and thick as I try to tamper down the raging monster inside of me.