Prologue and Chapter one

My alpha and me

Prologue.

I looked in the mirror. It was hard to tell if this was really my face.It didn't feel like it. I touched the busted lip and flinched. It hurts. There was still some dirt in it and I tried to clean up the wound with a paper towel. I was still breathing heavy because of all the running and tripping over branches. I tried to make my hair less messy, but that didn't go as planned. I picked some leaves out of my hair en threw them away. I threw some water in my face and finally caught my breath. I walked out of the bathroom and walked towards the gas station to buy some food. I had to get further away, though on an empty stomach that wouldn't go so well. I grabbed some random stuff and threw them on the counter. "Four dollars, please", the woman behind the counter said. I gave her a five dollar bill and grabbed my stuff and left. I looked around. There was just one road,surrounded by forest. I had to get as far away as possible.

Chapter one.

I ran as hard as my legs allowed. It started to get dark. I just had to get out of this forest. Get in the civilized world. I started to see the lights of the houses and I started to run even harder. As soon as I broke between the trees I knew I was safe. I made it. I started to slow down and walked on the street. I knew this town. I had lived here when I was little. When my mom was still alive, we lived in a big mansion. I was the happiest girl in the world. I had a little brother, who was adorable. He was 5 years younger than me.

My mom loved us like crazy, as did my dad. Though it all changed the day my mom and brother died. We left on Tuesday afternoon to do some grocery shopping. My mom and dad were arguing about what do eat and my brother and I were playing tic tac toe. For as far as that was possible. Suddenly the whole place went black. I still remembered the honking of the truck and it hit the side my mom and brother were sitting. I was in the hospital for 5 weeks. My dad was there for 3 weeks.

After I came home I felt the change of vibe in the house. My father started to get drunk on a regular base. At first he didn't notice me. I was 12 when the first beatings happened. Now it was all my fault. The accident, the death of my mom and brother. I ended up blacking out a lot. Got the scars on my back that will remind me every day of the things my dad did. Luckily I was still a virgin. He enjoyed beating the crap out of me.

Only realizing now I had tears dropping of my chin. I wiped away the tears and looked up. I had to find a place to sleep. When I lived here I had the best neighbor ever. I hoped she was still living here. I walked up to her house. As soon as I rang the doorbell and she opened the door she embraced me in a hug. "Ooh my dear, I was so scared that the world lost you as well". I just nodded my head and let her take me inside.

She made me a cup of tea, she had done so a million times when i was little, and we sat down in the living room. "How nice of you to come visit me", she said as she sipped her tea. "Actually i have a request", I said. I felt a little nervous. I didn't really want to tell her I had ran away. But i didn't want her to call my dad and tell him i was here. "What is it dear", she asked. She smiled a reassuring smile. "If it is ok i would like to stay here for a few days. It's not going so well with dad and I can't stay there any longer", I said. I didn't really want to look at her reaction but I couldn't avoid it either.

"You can stay as long as you like. But if you are going to stay here at least make sure you get into school here. I happen to know the principle here. If I pull some strings I could get you in", she smiled stood up and grabbed her phone. "Isn't it a little weird of a request at 5 in the evening", I asked her. I felt a little relieved. At least she didn't sent me back onto the streets. "Don't worry hun, I'll just tell him you are my niece", she winked at me and then held up her finger to indicate he picked up the phone.

She came back into the room with a big smile on her face. "Well good news", she said, "You can go there tomorrow. However he doesn't really have a schedule yet, but can get you into some classes". I jumped up and hugged her. "Thank you so much", I said and squeezed her a little to know how much it meant to me. "Hunny don't fuzz about it ok. I like some company around. Been alone for quite some time", she squeezed me back and let me go. "Now would you like to clean yourself up a little before dinner", she asked me and guided me towards the stairs.

I walked upstairs and took a shower. Afterwards I looked in the mirror. A shower did make my hair look better. My lip didn't look better. It looked even worse. I had a bruise on the side of my cheekbone. I took some foundation from my back and hid the bruise and lip. I took some clean clothes and went downstairs to eat. After eating we talked a lot and after all that i was exhausted and went to bed.

Jarred'spov.

I watched as the sun was setting. Tomorrow would be a boring day as usual. I lived with my pack in a big mansion. Most of them, including me, went to school. As i laid on my back, I heard someone coming towards my room. Before they could knock i already told him to enter."What is it Sif", I asked. "We just got word of the Solar pack". "What are they up too", I asked. "They say that the alpha is planning an attack", he said and looked down. " Then make arrangements for a counter attack", I told him and he left the room.

I sighed. The Solar pack was our sworn enemy. I was the Alpha of the Lunar pack. Theor, the Alpha of the Solar pack murdered my Father. He wanted to take over his pack, though he didn't know he had a son. Who was trained, tough and strong. Me. I looked at the ceiling. I should get some sleep. I closed my eyes and drifted off. Not knowing what tomorrow will bring.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello readers, I recently re uploaded this chapter. I made some changes, corrected some grammatical flaws and i'm rewriting some chapters because i'm not happy with the way they are. Thank you,

Marlon