Chapter 1

*Beep* *Beep*

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I grunted and slammed my hand on the alarm. I pulled the sheets over my head.

"Morning!" Jack said jumping in my room. This was a normal routine. My mom would go to work and Jack would come to wake me up. My mom gave him a house key, but only because he's trust worthy.

"Get out Jack." I mumbled into the pillow.

"You've always been a night person." He laughed.

"Jack...get out." I said going back to sleep.

"Amy. We need to get to school." He said sternly.

"Okay, 'dad'. I'm getting up." I said. Jack was pouting when I looked at him. He hated when I called him 'dad'.

"I'll wait in the car." He said leaving me alone. Jack's my best friend, but sometimes he's just plain retarted.

I got up and took a quick shower. I brushed my teeth, did my hair, and put on my cloths. I wore my favorite black skirt and my white jean vest. I put on some flats. I grabbed my purse, put on lip gloss and mascara. It brings out my blue-green eyes. I got my backpack and left the house. I met Jack in the car.

"Let's go." I said sighing.

"That's the spirit!" He yelled, making me laugh. We got to the school and I went to my locker. I waved at my friends in the halls, but wasn't paying attention to where I was going. I ran into something hard. I looked up to see Reece Sanders. The high school bad boy. He looked down at me with hate burning in his brown eyes. His dark brown hair, spiking up.

"Watch where you're going." He said through gritted teeth. He even had his little crew behind him. I grabbed my stuff and got up.

"You should have been watching too." I said bumping my shoulder against his, while walking away. He looked shocked for a second. My thoughts were interrupted when I was spun around.

"What did you say to me?" He asked angry.

"Leave me alone." I said pulling out of his grasp. I walked away and into my first class. I was in drama. I sat down when, again, he showed up. Reece was in my drama class. I officially hate school.

"Class, take a seat!" Mr. S said. His real name is Stoloke, but we just say Mr. S. It's easier to remember. Anyways, I sat down and guess who sat behind me. If you guessed Reece, you were right! I zoned out after a while. We weren't doing anything. Then Mr. S said he would assign partners for a scene.

"John and Angela. Adam and Taylor. Teddy and Gina." He said. I personally think that Teddy has a secret crush on Gina. He's so adorable! Like a little teddy bear!

"Amy and Reece." He continued. Wait! What?!? Me and Reece!

"What?!?" Me and Reece yelled at the same time.

"No!" We both yelled again. Mr. S looked up.

"Sorry, but there are no more pairs. Looks like you two are stuck." He said shrugging. I grunted.

The rest of the class went by slow. Reece and I are doing a scene, from Romeo and Juliet. I dragged myself to lunch. I got in line with Jack. We have the same lunch period, thank god! I grabbed some food and sat down.

"So how has your day been?" He asked putting his head on his hand.

"Terrible." I said frowning.

"Spill it." He said getting interested.

"I'm partnered with Reece for a scene....." I told him.

"So?" He asked confused.

"The scene is from Romeo and Juliet." I mumbled angry.

"Ohhhh...." He said now understanding. I poked at my food upset.

"Sup partner." I could hear Reece's familiar voice. He sat down next to me.

"What do you want?" I asked upset.

"Feisty. I like it." He whispered in my ear.

"What the hell do you want?!?" I asked losing my last nerve with this boy.

"Jeez, I just wanted to know when you were available." He said putting his hands up in surrender. I took a deep breath.

"Why?" I asked calmly.

"To practice for the scene." He said to me, like I was stupid. Stupid scene.

"How about today, after school, your house?" I said.

"Sounds like a date." He said winking.

"Don't call it a date." I said rubbing my temples.

"Okay, fine." He said walking away, but I swear I heard him mumbled something along the lines of 'it's totally a date'. I hate this guy. Suddenly, Emily, a good friend of mine, ran up to me. Jack just sat there enjoying the show.

"OMG! You're going on a date with Reece?!? No way!" She screamed.

"It's not a date." I stated.

"Well, that's what he's telling people." She shrugged. That Son. Of. A. Bitch!

"Well, it's not." I stated calmly. Suddenly, Casey ran up to me.

"OMG! You and Reece would make a good couple! Have fun on your date!" She said skipping away. It's not a date, I mentally whined. I just frowned and sighed. Today, will be a long day.

The rest of the day dragged and I got snidey comments from the 'it girls, about my 'date'. I'm going to kill him. I went to the parking lot to find out that Jack left. He ditched me! I'm going to kill him too. I had to walk home since my 'FANTASTIC' friend left me! I walked to my house. I dropped off my stuff. Now, I have to go to Reece's house. Guess what. He lives right next to me! Yay! In case you didn't know, I was being sarcastic. I hate living by him. I skipped down my steps and knocked on his door. He opened it up. He just stared at me, like he was in deep thought.

"Well, aren't you going to invite me in?" I asked. He shook his head, as if to clear his head.

"Yeah. Come on in." He said stepping aside.

"Well we better get started." I said pulling out the script. After a few rehearsals, we decided to relax.

"So what do you like to do for fun?" He asked me.

"Ummm....I like to play the piano." I said smiling. My dad taught me how to play when I was 3. I've been playing ever since.

"Who taught you?" He asked.

"My dad." I said softly.

"What does he do?" He asked me genuinely interested.

"He was a music teacher. He died when I was 5." I said holding back the tears.

"I'm so sorry." He said.

"It's okay." I said. Before I could say anything else. I was pulled into a hug. I've never seen this side of him. He was actually sweet.

"Well, I play the guitar." He said changing the subject.

"Are you good?" I asked.

"I'm me! Of course I'm good!" He yelled. He's back to his cocky self.

"Who taught you?" I asked.

"My dad." He said. Immediately his smile dropped.

"Where is he now?" I asked.

"Let's not talk about that." He said getting up.

"You can tell-"

"You should get home." He cut me off. He walked me to the door.

"Bye." I said walking away.

"Yeah. See ya." He said closing the door. What is his secret? I am determined to find out!

__________________________________________________________________________

(Author's note) I hope you all liked the first chapter! Vote and comment! Thanks for reading! I will see you all next chapter! :D Bye!

P.S. That is a picture of Jack on the side! -------->