Chapter Three

Kylie's POV

As I drove towards the supermarket, I decided I could grab a few things for the baby from the nearest discount store. It wouldn't be what Tasha wanted, putting her daughter in cheap clothes, but we weren't exactly swimming in money so she'd just have to do with them for a while until we were financially sound.

I bought groceries, toiletries and other essentials at the supermarket and headed towards the discount store.

Everyone back home probably missed us. Michelle knew we were going to make a run for it someday but seeing as she didn't know when and where to, she was probably worried sick about us.

I remembered when we got our first jobs as waitresses in Michelle's dad's cafe. We were in our senior year when he opened it and needed some help. We had settled on an amount of sixty bucks a month each which we saved and the tips we got, we spent.

Sometimes, when there was excess food, we'd have feasts. I missed those days when everything was alright and our mom was perfectly healthy. I couldn't believe myself but I even missed when she used to be biased towards me, doing stuff like giving Tasha huge slices of her special cheesecake and taking her out shopping and to the movies.

I sighed deeply. Life was never going to be the same but I could just hope it would get better.

When I entered the discount store, I realized it was actually going to be fun shopping for the baby. I started off by buying cute, baby overalls, onesies, bibs, blankets, and other things I thought the baby would use. I got them all in pink, yellow and purple colours.

I bought many diapers, feeding bottles, pacifiers and baby formula. There were some pretty phones which I knew would cost a bit but I didn't mind. I took two of them and got two different cases as well, one for Tasha and one for me.

I paid for my things and left the store. Since I wasn't in the mood to return to Tasha's company, I decided to drive around town a bit and possibly find a fast food restaurant. There were snacks in the apartment's minibar. Tasha would have to manage them till I got back.
***
Jack's POV

"I'm almost there." I told Fred. "My old man was giving me yet another quote settle down speech."

"Well hurry your butt up. Mr. Rogers and Mac are here with me."

"What floor are you on?"

"Sixth floor. Hurry." He hang up.

I picked up speed and pulled into the underground parking lot. As I entered the building and headed to the elevator, I saw a pregnant woman carrying bags of groceries which looked even heavier than the pregnancy she was carrying, trying to press the elevator button.

"Let me help you with that miss..." I said, reaching for the bags.

"Reid and thank you very much." She said transferring them into my hands unhesitatingly and pressing the button.

We stepped into the elevator and I smiled as she pressed the button for the fourth floor.

"Why are you carrying this much load? Don't you have anyone to do this? It isn't good for your condition."

"Actually I do. My twin sister but she stepped out and I want to make her something delicious to eat when she gets back." She said beaming.

"Oh." Was all I could manage out. She was very beautiful, with straight, black hair, and a cute face. She looked at least eighteen, way too young to be a mother, and her braces fit her face perfectly. I was even more surprised she lived here. The rent wasn't exactly cheap so she must have had some sort of connections or she was rich.