Omaha

One week later
Caitlin Snow's Point of View
Crimson paint is filling the room and burning my skin and bones. I run to the door and try and open it but it's locked from the outside and won't budge. I'm left here to die in a room of paint. Who knew paint could be so toxic? All I want is to live but nothing is helping me. I take my heel to try and bust the door open but all it does is break my shoe. My screams are taken away and I can't ask for help. The room continues to fill up until I'm completely submerged into the paint. My eyes turn red and my hair burns away. I feel my skin peeling away and my bones shattering. But I can breathe through this paint, it's like I'm not allowed to die. I'm left to suffer and I'm never allowed out. I begin to think I'm in Hell and this is my life sentence. I stop fighting and let my body slowly wither away.

I gasp for air once again. I rub my eyes as if I'm trying to wash away the paint. I put my hands down and my breathing begins to slow down as I realize it was all a dream. It was just a bad dream, I'm fine. I begin to realize I've been saying that for the past week. Every night, I'm in a nightmare...with a crimson colored death.
I swing my body so I'm sitting on the edge of the bed. I look at my phone and the time. It's 3:27 in the morning. I want to sleep but my subconscious won't allow it.
The rest of the night is tossing and turning, trying to go back to bed but it doesn't work. At 6 in the morning I quietly change into clothes and go into the kitchen. I leave a note for Barry which reads 'went into the lab early. I want to work on a nerdy thing in my lab. -Caitlin'

Killer Frost quickly begins to question my work. "Liar. What are you really doing?" Frost asks as I set the note down and walk out the door.

"It's none of your business." I say as I'm locking the door.

"We share the same body. I would like to know what we're doing as it affects both of us."

"It's none of your business." I repeat. I get into my car and begin to drive to the lab.

"I'm gonna find out eventually. Might as well tell me."

"God just shut up!" I snap. This makes her go quiet for the rest of the car ride. I go into my lab and get my keys from the drawer. I take them and go into a cabinet and unlock it. I take a prescription pad and a bottle of triazolam aka sleeping medication.

"Caity what are you doing?!" Frost yells.

"I have insomnia and I keep having nightmares so I'm taking sleeping medication."

"Caitlin, it's illegal for a doctor to prescribe their own medication."

"It's easier this way. Also, it's legal for doctors to prescribe their own medication."

"Not when it's an opioid! It's illegal this way! You can't just diagnose yourself."

"I'm a doctor and I have a lot more training than you. I know what I'm doing."

"Caitlin stop it! You can't prescribe yourself a sedative, one that's an opioid."

"I don't care. I don't have enough pills to last me long." I say filling out the prescription.

"How are you going to do this. You can't write it yourself! You'll get caught."

"That's why I'm not the one prescribing it." I begin to use a prescription pad in Frost's name.

"Okay now you're dragging me into this!"

"Nope, I'm dragging Crystal Frost into this." She uses Crystal Frost as her coverup name when she needs to fill out forms or important legal work, more for the public. To most, it's just Frost.

"Okay I'm stepping in now. You've gone too far." I begin to feel Frost take over. My bones begin to chill and my hair turns a different color.

"I thought you might try and do that." I take a meta human dampening necklace and put it on. This necklace stops Frost and also makes her silent.

"I'm sorry...I need to sleep." I say to her but then remember she's not there. I take the pill bottle and stuff it in my purse. I then take the prescription note and send it to a pharmacy so I can order more. Out of all of my illegal actions recently, this hasn't been very bad.
Moments later, Barry runs into the lab.

"Hey, I saw you were gone so I came here to make sure you were okay."

"Barry, I'm fine." I slightly stammer.

"Okay, good. I like the new necklace. Where did you get it?" Barry asks. I can tell he's slightly pretending to care about my new attire.

"It's what I've been working on actually. It's a device that helps me control Frost better."

"I thought you already had that under control."

"Yes but this helps a lot more and it looks pretty." If Frost was here, she would tell me that I'm lying but am I technically lying? I think I'm telling the truth if you ask me...but maybe not telling all of it.

"I'm glad you and Frost now have better control." Barry replies and kisses me on the cheek.

"Me too..." I begin to feel slightly guilty but I shove the feeling down.

"I have a crime scene to investigate in a few minutes. There's some lunatic killing people."

"When is there not...I know this is abnormal of me, but can I come with you?" I ask.

"Uh sure, I don't see why not. I assume you want to help?"

"Uh, yeah." I grin, well I fake it.

• • •

I walk throughout the crime scene but realize this is one of Charlie and I's murder scenes. I walk around looking for any evidence leading to him or me. I see a hair laying on the ground, it's mine. I pick it up quickly and stuff it in my pocket.

"Whoever did this, is really good at what they do. They didn't leave a trace behind." Barry says as he continues to walk around.

"Really?"

"The only thing he left was a dead body."

"It could have been a girl. Women can be serial kills too." Am I trying to throw myself under the bus or something?

"Over 90% of the time, it's a man. It's not common for women to be killers."

"Really? When I'm on my period I really wanna kill someone."

"That's not concerning."

"I mean like...metaphorically. I wouldn't ever actually kill someone." Oops. Barry laughs instead of actually looking into the comment.

"Have you found any evidence?" He asks.

"Nope, nothing."

"That's a shame. You're good at finding killers."

"When I have evidence..."

"True. I think we're done here. I'll continue to analyze the case in my lab. Right now, there's nothing."

"Okay." I walk back with Barry and look back to make sure all evidence has been destroyed throughly.

————————
Author's Note:
look who finally updated after two months 🤩

Caitlin is starting to become a little crazy 😳