2012. Chapter One.

A little note before the story: This all started with a dream I, in all seriousness, had. It's based off of the whole "We are going to die in 2012." So, that's all I really had to say. Also, check out my "You're Such A Gorgeous Nightmare." werewolf story? Thank you. Hope you like this story. - Muffin.

It was December 31st, 2011, and it was 11:30PM. Yeah, the big night before 2012. My parents and my brother were inside, watching the television; switching between the news and the countdown. I, on the other hand, was outside, sitting on my porch amid the snow, snuggling with my boyfriend Anthony. It was rare that I saw him, and the time we did spend together, we made the best of it.

"I love you," He said softly. I smiled and nuzzled his neck.

"I love you, too." I murmured. He hugged me tighter, resting his head against mine. I would stay like this forever if I could. He rubbed my back and I sighed, closing my eyes. I lived in a small town, not too small- I didn't know any of the people on my street. I was a pretty antisocial person, in school, at home, and even with friends. The only person I wasn't too awkward or quiet with was Anthony. He brought out a different side of me. A side I liked better than the one I normally showed to everyone.

"Well, it's almost 2012." He said softly; I could detect laughter in his voice.

"Yep," I sighed. "So we're all gonna die?" I asked, playing along.

"Oh yes," He said, holding me tighter. "But I'd rather die with you in my arms than all alone." I felt happy tears prick at my eyes. He was too good for me. I told him so and kissed his cheek lovingly.

"Nah, it's me who doesn't deserve you." He blushed.

"Shut up." I mumbled, burying my head into the crook of his neck.

"Okay, fine," He said, stroking my hair. "We both do not deserve each other, but we just managed to end up together." I giggled.

"Good enough answer for me." I pecked him on the lips and then snuggled up next to him again. I was cold; and Anthony was my only source of warmth. All I wore was sweat pants and a hoodie. I was wearing boots, but they didn't help retain warmth much. Add on that we were sitting in snow didn't help either.

"Maybe we should go inside," Anthony said, realizing that I was shivering. I shook my head.

"No, I'm tired of hearing my family switch through channels. 'Are we all going to die in 2012? Authorities say...' blah blah blah! And then the annoying countdown. No thank you! Besides, I like sitting here with you."

"Well that's great to hear," Anthony said, holding me close. I checked my phone.

It was 11:55PM. 5 minutes until 20-freaking-12.

At that moment, my phone dined to vibrate. It was my best friend Kaylee; and she'd just texted me.

Kaylee: HEY! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Me: Ehhh, sure. That is......... if we live! >:D

Kaylee: Lol

Me: Well, it IS possible. >w>

Kaylee: We may nvr kno

Me: Yep.

I put my phone back into my pocket and looked up to the sky, admiring the twinkling stars overhead. Anthony had released his grip on me so that I could look at my phone; so he proceeded to wrap his arms around my waist tightly. So while we gazed at the stars, we talked. We talked about stupid things we've done, stupid people, anything we hadn't shared with the other, and much more. I loved moments like this; where we just sat, admiring each other's company and just talking about us.