indecisiveness

"Yo Bangs Boy!"

Tam turned away at the sound of Keefe's obnoxious nickname and went back to tossing his books into his locker.

But Keefe's yelling was causing a stir and Tam caught a few girls turning to giggle- at which boy they were swooning for, he did not want to know -so he sighed and asked, "What?"

Keefe glared at a few staring prodigies who hastily went back to doing whatever they'd been doing- but Tam knew there was still eavesdroppers.  "Whatever it is, I don't want to hear it,"  Tam warned, slamming his locker shut. 

"Aw, don't be such a party pooper!"  Keefe chided, sounding frustratingly cheery.  "Just wanted to talk!"

"About what?" Tam snapped bitterly.

Keefe opened his mouth to speak, and then closed it.  He settled for a smirk.

"You know eexxxaacctly what I want to talk about,"  Keefe taunted, and Tam willed his cheeks not to flush as he thought about Biana- and then Stina, and then Biana...

"Nice talk,"  Tam cut in.  "Bye."

-----------------------

Dex was being a jerk.

Stina rolled her eyes at herself as the thought floated through her mind. Duh, he was being a jerk. That was why she'd been talking with Tam, right?

Was she clear on the details? Nope. It all... happened in a blur. And it was probably a combination of not wanting to relive the moment and all the yelling happened so fast that it resulted in... confusion. And unwilling to clarify the details.

She knew that she was never talking to Dex again- which sounded unfair.

But he obviously hadn't taken the time to come up to her to clarify- or to apologize, for that matter -and that was completely fine with Stina.

___________

"Remember how I taught you about rock paper scissors when we were running off to Alvuterre to join the Black Swan?" Sophie asked Fitz.

Fitz shrugged. "Sorta."

They were sitting in Sophie's bed room- alone, but as friends -trying to decide who would talk to Biana first- Sophie, as a friend, or Fitz, as a brother.

Sophie smirked at him- hanging out with Keefe was letting her really nail that sarcasm -and positioned her hands in the universal rock, paper, scissors position.

Again- Fitz chose paper, and Sophie understandably chose scissors.

"Good luck?" Sophie offered, trying to look apologetic. "Just... talk her out of whatever she's feeling- or wait. That came out wrong. I meant... just get her back to the Biana we all know in love."

"And that's not hard at all," Fitz grumbled.

_________

"Hi," Fitz growled unenthusiastically,  

Biana looked up at him from where she was lying on the grass, reading over one of her Foxfire textbooks. She pinned a strand of chocolate brown hair behind her ear and asked, "Um... hi?"

"Sophie sent me," Fitz explained.

Biana scowled and turned away, flipping one of the pages. "Tell her I don't need her sweet talks and lectures and pity parties- or yours," she added pointedly when Fitz opened his mouth to speak.

"I knew I should have picked rock," Fitz mumbled, sinking down onto the grass next to Biana. "So... what's got you so... frazzled?"

He pointed to her usual immaculate hair do and tilted his head to the side questioningly. Biana swiped at her hair and brushed through the tangles with her fingertips. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Yes you do," Fitz said gently. "And what about these?"

Fitz gestured to the dark circles beneath her eyes.

"Are you... hoping to get back together with Dex? Or Tam?" Fitz inquired.

"I don't know what I want," Biana snapped, pulling away from him. 

Biana sighed. She'd pushed away every boy that had asked her out. She knew she was being grumpy and irritable and frustratingly indecisive but...

"Tam asked me. To make up. Not make out," Biana added when Fitz looked scandalized.

"And you said no?" 

"Yes."

"And are you regretting that?"

Silence passed. Biana squeezed her eyes shut.

"Just a tiny bit."

Fitz smiled, mostly feeling relieved that Sophie wouldn't inflict on him when he updated her on what was going on. "Then I think you know exactly what you need to do."

sorry for the kinda lame chapter ... just not having a good day today ): 

big plans for all your fAvOrItE ships coming up so pls feel free to keep reading ! just don't attack me in the comments when u find out what happens ...

*dramatic music* <3