He rushed and looked at the clock to distract him, and was relieved to see it was only 7:15. He still had a little bit of time to get Louis out of the house without getting caught.

"Thanks for helping me, Haz.." Louis mumbled sweetly before taking an aspirin for his pounding headache. Hangover side effects.

'Don't call me that' is what Harry actually wanted to say, but deep down he loved it. He soaked it up like a sponge because whenever Louis called him that, he just lit up. It made him feel warm and fuzzy.

He smiled lightly, hoping it wasn't too evident and just nodded nonchalantly. "You need to get out of here."

Ouch.

Those words hurt Louis more than his terrible headache or stomach pain, but he knew Harry was right. He'd already risked a lot letting him stay the night..he couldn't get him in trouble by letting Anne find out that he was here.

Louis nodded, rubbing his eyes and yawning. "Yeah, I should. Um.."

Harry just raised an eyebrow, wondering what he was gonna say.

"..Are you still mad at me?" He asked reluctantly, already knowing the answer but still left a little room for the hope that he was wrong.

The other boy just looked down at his feet, which were covered up in fuzzy little blue socks. He picked at a loose string on one of the couch pillows, clearly doing his best to avoid the question, but then decided to answer. He needed to.

"I-"

Suddenly, he heard a door open from upstairs. Anne.

He knew it was her because Gemma was literally like a bear in hibernation-she wouldn't wake up until she smelled food or was late for work, and his mother had to get up for work. They could NOT get caught.

Yeah, Anne was a "cool mom", but she wouldn't let something like this slide.

Harry's bright green eyes widened as he jumped up from the couch and ran over to Louis as quietly as running could be. "My mum's up! You need to get out..NOW!"

Louis got the message instantly and hopped up, grabbing his things and running out to the back door, which was in the kitchen.

He stopped abruptly, turning around to face Harry, who was frantically making sure any traces of Louis were gone.

"What..?" He asked, panicking because his mum would be down any minute now.

"..I-Is it okay if I kiss you?"

'Act quick Harry, act quick' he thought. His heart was racing. He's kissed Louis plenty of times, but sneaking around like this made it interesting.

His mind was at war but he knew what his heart wanted.

He didn't have much time, so he just brushed Louis's hair out of his face and pecked him on the lips quickly, but somewhat passionately. "Now, get out of here, moron."

He chucked and watched his boyfriend escape hastily out the back door. "I'll call you later!" He yell-whispered before shutting the door.

Harry leaned up against it and sighed, sliding down and sitting on the floor. He took a deep breath and could feel his cheeks getting hot.

Maybe he wasn't mad anymore.

---

"Harry? What are you doing?!" Anne questioned. She looked at him if he was crazy.

He jumped up. "Mum, you scared me!"

She just shook her head, walking over to the cabinet to grab a mug for her morning coffee. "I could say the same thing. What are you up to this early?" Anne asked.

'Stay cool, don't panic..' Harry prompted himself silently.

"Well I was going to make you breakfast, but first I went to take out the trash..and uh, I almost got attacked by a squirrel, which is why I'm all flustered, and you know what? It's too early for questions, yeah?" He stopped and kissed his mum on the cheek. "I'm going to go back to sleep, but I'll make dinner tonight. Have a good day at work, love you!"

Anne paused, eyeing him suspiciously, but then just chuckled and hugged him. "Love you too, weirdo."

He smiled and went back upstairs, patting himself on the back. He didn't necessarily like lying to his mum, but he did it for Louis, which clearly meant something. He still believed in the relationship.

As he laid down back in his bed, he felt something under him. He shifted awkwardly and discovered a piece of paper folded up. Weird.

He sat up, unfolding the sheet of notebook paper curiously.

"I love you, monkey boy" -L

Harry found himself speechless. He left questions such as how Louis had found paper or a pen to write or how and when he'd gotten into his room to leave the note aside and just focused on what was right in front of him.

Harry smiled like a lovesick puppy. All the proof that Louis still wanted to be with him and was getting over his fears was right there.

Smiling warmly, he closed his eyes and thanked whatever or whoever was up there for this miraculous sign.

"He loves me."

----

do you hear crying? nvm it's just me

there's always a happy ending..well almost always idk these boys have minds of their owns but when i write.

thank you guys for reading! i hope you enjoyed this chapter (:
please vote, and maybe even comment? it's v appreciated ;))

next update will be soon. i'm on holiday break rn (bless) so that gives me more of an opportunity to write but i also have homework (like if u cry) and other things to do as well. my birthday is actually on sunday ayy so if you'd like, you can go on my 1D/larry/5sos fan acc on instagram (@5secondsofstylxnson) and wish me a happy bday! no one will but a girl can hope right? ;-;

okay, but yeah i should go bc it's late. HAPPY 22ND BIRTHDAY TO MY BEAUTIFUL LOVE JADE THIRLWALL ILYSM *tearwipe*

and happy belated birthday to my baby louis tomlinson who actually in fact turned 7 so idk why everyone's saying he's 23?? lol love you smoochie :D

and happy birthday tomorrow (12/27) to my queen of my existence and gorgeous radical wife hayley williams who is everything i need in life and more love you baby babayy <3

oh wow i'm v annoying ok bye love you guys happy holidays i hope you had awesome christmases or thursdays peace out yo!1!

Signing off,
iStartedNothing x

p.s. I apologize for any errors in this story-past, present or future