5- People of Camp Half-Blood

Hey guys! HAPPY NEW YEAR! Here is ya'lls present! Haha:) 

I also want to clarify something. I understand that Nico is gay. I accept Nico is gay. Though, I had this idea for this fanfic long before HOH came out. Yes, I was disappointed that he was gay because I had (and still do) have the biggest fictional crush on him EVERR! He was seriously one of my first fictional crushes, so of course I'm still going to write this story. So for the sake of this fanfic, Nico is either bi or straight. He is never going to talk about any of it to Mackenzie, so we will never know.  Enjoy!

~

"Now just take it back nice and slowly. Yep, just like that. Now release." The arrow flies through the air and staples itself dead in the middle of the target, splitting the other arrow of mine in half. 

The Apollo girl, Penny, smiles. "That was awesome! You know, you may be an Apollo kid." 

I slowly place the bow on the ground and push a strand of my hair behind my ear. "Yeah," I say a little awkwardly. "Maybe..." 

The Hermes cabin is currently doing archery, well, attempting to. Most campers managed to shoot arrows all the way up in trees or in each others helmets. However, I am surprisingly good at it, which is not good at all. I don't need another weapon I can use to kill somebody at night. 

The thought is enough to make me walk past the targets and plop myself in the grass. Half the day has gone by and Nico has not returned. Why did he leave me? I've been trying to talk to the least amount of people as possibly, no need to get close to someone when I could possibly hurt them. 

My head places itself into my hands, thoughts over controlling me. What if Nico never comes back? What will I do?

Kill yourself like last time. 

"Hey, are you okay?" Penny asks, coming to sit next to me. 

Her presence gives me chills though her aura is like the sun. Her smudged black eyeliner makes her green eyes vibrant. Even though its got to be at least 80 degrees outside, she wears a gray hoodie that is way too big on her petite body. 

"Yeah," I smile and give her a thumbs up. "Never better... It's just a little strange being here and all." 

She nods. "I get it, I was new once too. It's a big shock finding out and all. It's all bam! Surprise your a demigod! Now go to camp before you die!" She chuckles to herself. "How long was it before you knew you were a demigod? No offense, you seem a bit raggedy. Were you on the streets awhile?" 

My lips form a tight white line. I mentally whack my head to find something to say. "Since I was fourteen," I lie. "My adoptive parents are both dead. I didn't know what else to do but run." 

"Adoptive? Did you ever met your real mom or dad? If you knew which you had, it could help determine who your godly parent is." 

"I had a dad." 

Penny frowns. "Aw man! I was hoping you'd be an Apollo kid! It would be nice having a sibling who actually acknowledges me." 

My eyebrows crease together. "Your siblings don't talk to you?" 

She shrugs. "I mean, yeah, they talk to me. Maybe. Sometimes..." She sighs and pauses as if contemplating to say something or not. "I can't sing." 

The corners of my lips can't help but twitch into a small smile. A daughter of Apollo can't sing. "Isn't Apollo like the god of song?" 

"Basically," She falls down on her back. "My life is meaningless, it is nothing." She moans. 

"Shut up," I laugh, nudging her.