Wildheart

Phil's POV

Today, was the first day of this new academic year. My law professor chose me to be his law apprentice and in return I had to follow him around for a week. I put on my prepschool uniform which I kinda hated but it was required. I met up with my professor and his first class was for psychology majors.

"Good Morning! I'm Mister Carlson and I'm with my student Phillip Brooks. He'll be here out front but don't mind him. Especially the ladies. I overheard his inbox is full of love letters. So do that outside and not here." He started as I sat on a chair infront and listened to him repeat the lectures he taught us.

His session ended and I helped him clean up the board. As I was wiping my hands, I saw a familiar girl going out of the door. "It must be AJ." I thought to myself.

"Sir, I just have to talk to somebody. It'll be quick." I told him.

"Go ahead. My next class is in an hour. Don't be late." He told me as I nodded.

I went out and ran. I looked around and saw AJ. I ran towards her but girls kept approaching me. I saw a group of guys I knew who were in the area she was in.

"Boys! Stop that girl with the gray top!" I shouted and they did.

They made a barricade infront of AJ who was shocked about everything. I went there and thanked them.

"What the hell is this?" She glared at me.

"It's okay guys. You can go." I smiled as they went away.

"I'm going." She started to walk away.

I held her hand and it stopped her. She turned around.

"Look about that girl. She's-" I tried to explain.

"Save it. You don't need to explain to me." She cut me off.

"But you seemed upset and I d-" I got cut off again.

"I said save it. Besides, I'll be late for class. See?" She raised her schedule and started to walk away again.

"Your class is in two hours. What's the rush?" I snatched her schedule.

"So? Can't anyone study?" She grabbed her schedule again.

"Would you please just let me explain?" I asked her.

"And hear another lie from you? No thank you." She rolled her eyes.

"I'll call them up again and I swear I'd have them create a bigger barricade around you." I told her and it eventually worked.

"I could use the pepper spray you gave me and spray it all in your eyes." She tried to search for it in her bag.

"Keep it holstered in your hip next time. But please just listen." I told her.

"Fine! I'll listen but why are you pushing this?" She asked me.

"To prove that I'm not a liar." I told her.

"Okay then. Talk. This better be reasonable." She folded her arms.

"Okay. The girl you saw was my ex-girlfriend." I got cut off by her again.

"So you're just screwing her then?" She assumed.

"No! Can I just talk? Without interruptions please?" I asked her.

"Fine. Sorry." She shrugged.