Chapter 25:

'Recognized: Nerissa B-09'

All eyes turned to the Zeta tubes in shock as the person fully materialized, and they all gasped in shock when they saw who it was.

Despite the fact that she no longer looked the same way she had a year ago, the team members all recognized this person, and the senior members knew that this was her due to her designation number.

"Percy!" Megan said in joy as she shot forward and crushed the poor Atlantean princess in a hug, a hug which the girl didn't hesitate to return.

When the two girls separated, everyone finally got a good look at Percy for the first time in a year.

Her once waist length jet black wavy hair had been cut, and now her jet black wavy hair ended just below her shoulders. Her tiara was more elaborate and embedded with sapphires and diamonds and a singular pearl, it was more decorative than it had been previously. She was now around 5" 6' in height, which was roughly two or three inches taller than the last time they saw her. Her skin was also sporting a beautiful California tan, but it was on the pale side. However the most shocking change was her outfit.

Before she wore black pants with a sea green or cobalt blue long sleeve top, but now it was different. She now sported a darker sea green knee length dress, the shape of the dress appeared to be empire based, it had a grecian neckline, the dress sported side slits and a double slited skirt, she had on a black suit underneath the sea green one, and she also was barefoot like every Atlantean that was in uniform.

"You've changed a lot since the last time we saw you," Gar blurted out and while the majority of the team stared at him in complete horror, Percy smiled and started laughing. Which surprised everyone, but they were just relieved that she could laugh.

"Princess, I am relieved to see you smiling once again." Lega'an said and Percy looked at him with a bittersweet smile as she finished laughing, "my time away from Atlantis and America has helped me come to terms with everything that has happened." She admitted and Connor and Dick walked up to her, "we're just happy to see that you're still alive." Dick admitted as he embraced his childhood friend and Percy just hugged him tightly, seeing as they both needed this.

"While it's a relief to see you again Percy, I'm kinda surprised that you're not still completely torn up about what happened." Wonder Girl admitted and Percy separated from Dick and looked at the Amazonian with a sad expression.

"I am still hurting from his death Cassy, however this past year has taught me a few things about grief. The pain of losing a loved one never leaves, I have known this for a very long time. Though time does not heal all wounds, time does lessen the pain you feel until you become strong enough to be able to start feeling other emotions once more. I have learned how to move on, though I doubt that I'll ever fall in love again."

The team smiled in understanding, Percy was right. She still was healing, however they could see that she would be alright. She had come to terms with the death of Anthony, and she had finished healing.

This had to be one of the most amazing things any of them had seen; to see Percy standing there with a smile on her face as she essentially flipped the middle finger at fate to tell it I fell apart and I survived.