CHAPTER FIVE: THE FLEA AND THE ACROBAT

The party currently sat at the funeral.

They were all in good moods, because of the sign that Will was alive, that didn't mean they didn't have problems to solve anymore, though.

The funeral really just consisted of them holding in laughs, or smiles. It was pretty hard to act sad, when the thought of how Will was still alive still lingered in their minds, but they managed, and they had all gotten through it.

˗ˏˋ✦ ✦ ✦'ˎ˗

The long day felt as if it would never end. As the two girls sat on the couch, it was discovered that The compasses didn't face the right way.

So all for that reason, they had ended up taking a walk on the train tracks to find what was apparently called the gate.

It was crazy how the four kids thought all of this out in only an hour or two, but it was believable considering who they all were, they were smart kids, in all honors for a reason.

River was walking with Lucas and Dustin, glancing back every now and then before looking at the boys and sighing.

"Can I ask you guys something?" She softly spoke up, as Lucas turned to her, and nodded. Dustin kept his head down as he kicked dirt but nodded as well.

Sighing, and glancing back, River gave a shrug "Wh- do you think everything's gonna..like change after this?"

"Yeah." Lucas and Dustin exchanged frowns as they answered in unison. "This is definitely not normal, we're not gonna be the same after." Dustin answered, while River nodded in response, continuing to walk along.

They ended up at the junkyard and River walked up to Look at Lucas and Dustins compasses in confusion.

They tried to figure everything out, why they had ended up here and not around some crazy gate, but everything was given away when River saw El, who happened to be wiping her nose suspiciously.

"Oh, God..." She muttered, having a gut feeling although she hoped it wasn't correct. "El. Please tell me you didn't..." River softly spoke up as Lucas looked at the two, stepping forward with an angry nod.

"She did!" He yelled, throwing his hands up. "She's been acting weirder than normal. She screwed up our compasses." Lucas explained as River felt her stomach sink, before she turned rested her face in her hands, quickly.

"Why would she do that?" Mike asked, glancing at the two while Dustin stood back.

"Look I don't know, But-" River started, growing angry, as El looked to her quickly.

"River.." El pleased as River looked back, shrugging.

"I don't know what you expect, you come here, and all you've done is lie! And lead us to the wrong situations, you're breaking us apart, look!" River yelled, starling El, before she turned to point at Lucas and Mike, who's argument seemed to be escalating. River thought she'd turn to see the boys bickering, but they were now fighting, physically.

"Stop!" El yelled dramatically, while River had sighed and rushed up to them, attempting to pull them both away from each other as she groaned.

"Knock it off you Idiots!" Dustin and River had both yelled in unison, Dustin throwing his hands up.

"Stop it!" River shouted again as she attempted to break them apart. All she wanted was to get over this stupid drama, and look for Will as a group. But that wouldn't happen anytime soon if things stayed like this.

She was right behind Lucas, holding him back and Eleven started screaming, the next thing the two knew Lucas was Flying back. He had hit River and she face planted into a bunch of metal plates, cutting the side of her cheek sharply before she quickly got up, after groaning, to go check up on Lucas.

She ran over, with a hand on her cheek as she watched Lucas push Mike off of him, and storm off.

"Lucas!" She called out, stepping forward but he sent her a look, before shaking his head, causing her to sigh in defeat and plop down; groaning as she rubbed her cheek where her cut lay, that looked like a small part of her cheek was split.

"River!" Mike yelled, as he ran over to her, seeing she was clearly in some pain, and he only turned to El.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He yelled at her as she started to cry. Dustin and Mike tried to get her up, but she shook her head.

"I'm not useless, I can stand up. It's my cheek that got hurt." She informed them, as she pushed them both off of her. "I'm so sick and tired of everything, I've been putting aside everything to find Will, and you've been throwing stuff onto our plate for the sake of your little girlfriend!" River stood up quickly as she continued to yell, directly speaking to Mike now.

"She's not my girlfriend! And I have not!" Mike argued, standing up as he followed a river who started to walk away.

Turning one last time, keeping her hand on her head, she gave him a look of disbelief. "You totally have! It's like you don't even care about Will anymore" She muttered before turning again and walking off, leaving an annoyed Mike, and a worried Dustin there.

They can't act as if she's not allowed to be mad as well. Because she was. El was supposed to be a friend, and she ended up pulling this again.

River was putting everything before herself, to find Will, and all she ended up getting into was some stupid middle school drama.