Three

Luka's Violin

Luka
   I picked up my violin and started tuning it, a song came to mind. There For You by Flyleaf, I played with my heart. Slaughter was lounging on the floor close by. He loved to hear me play. I heard the door open and quickly stopped, no one but Slaughter was allowed to hear me play anything. After I put everything up I walked into the foyer, dad was home. "Hey Cameron," he never liked my first name. "Hey dad. How long are you home?" I asked. He shrugged," At least 3 days." Great. Note the sarcasm.
     He went to change into his lounge clothes, which consisted of moccasins, sweatpants, and a t-shirt. We met in the movie room and started watching Children Of The Corn. Slaughter laid next to me on our wide couch, my dad sat on the loveseat. The movie was crazy. My dad was watching intently. About halfway through I felt eyes on me. Slaughter was asleep and dad was watching the movie and Maria had left for the day. I excused myself but dad was too engrossed in the movie to notice.
     Slaughter followed me to my room and laid on my bed, watching me as I rocked in a corner. I started humming songs to distract myself. When Slaughter noticed it wasn't working he started to get me to play with him with his tennis ball. I slowly forgot about the watcher and Slaughter was having fun. "Alright boy. I'm tired and going to bed," he followed me into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and crawled into bed, I fell asleep almost instantly.

Mystery Person
    I watched the boy as he played with his dog. I've watched him for years, waiting for a sign that he's ready. So far it hasn't shown but I can tell it's soon. He fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow. Masky and Hoodie searched his room earlier but he doesn't show anything, no personality in his room. He only shows emotions around his dog. It's surprising how much he changed since his mother died. "Boss? You called for me?" "Yes, Toby. I need you to get Masky and Hoodie and join his school. Watch for any signs and report back to me weekly. Try to befriend the boy as well. It will make things easier for everyone when he does live with us." He nodded and his shoulder popped.
     Toby ran back to the mansion and I watched the boy for a little longer. He was sleeping deeply with his dog by his side. I turned and saw Jeff lurking in the bushes," Jeff what on earth are you doing?" He jumped and cursed when he hit his head. He jumped up and rubbed his head," Oh hey Slendy." I looked at him, he chuckled nervously. "Jeff go back to the mansion," he took off running. I teleported to my study and sat at my desk. So much paperwork to do.