04: Miracle✨

Kam

Kam

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━
"Don't you ever get tired

Of carrying the world

On those shoulders."
━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

We arrived at the beach where the celebratory bonfire party was going on. Everyone said it was because Jemi, our star three pointer, had totally pulverized the other team.

But that was a lie. A cover up. A party was going to be thrown whether we won or lost. There didn't have to be a reason.

I parked the car on one side of the dirt road. As we walked down unto the beach, I flinched as Asa shrieked.

"What?" I asked her.

"Everyone is half naked."

I arched one eyebrow at her. "Have you ever been to the beach before?"

She folded her arms stubbornly, refusing to answer me.

"I'll take that as a no. Well, Asa, it's normal to walk around in swim suits on the beach."

She stuck her tongue out at me defensively, digging her toes into the sand and I caught the sight of scars, like handprints, around her ankles. They were faint but still visible.

I avoided my gaze, curiosity slamming inside me.

Feigning a sigh, I told her, "You don't have to take your clothes off."

"But I'll look so awkward," she protested.

"If it helps, I'm not taking my clothes off either."

"Promise?" She asked, almost childishly, bringing out her pinky finger.

"Pinky promise."

Our fingers clasped.

"Finally!" Kosi's shrill voice sounded nearby. I turned around to see her stomping towards us. She had changed into a bright pink bikini, a sheer wrap skirt, wrapped around her shapely hips.

Kosi had this imposing aura that arrested eyes and attention from others. She walked with that self assuredness of someone who was attractive and knew she was attractive. With razor sharp smiles, bold strides and strong confident eyes, daring the world to challenge her. Her dark, dark skin was the glossiest I've ever seen. She was the quintessential Melanin Goddess.

People around school called Kosi, Kosi Kardashian, because of her huge social media following and curvy shape. Sometimes, everyone called her an Instagram whore, because she was one of those girls, who weren't exactly high-fashion models in the real sense, but were asked to model for big brands because of how popular they were.