Chapter 4

Niklaus and I had been out of town for a while, trying to figure out where Stefan was.  But now, now it was time to return to Mystic Falls, face our problems.  I couldn't imagine how everyone was going to react knowing I helped save Klaus, although after everything I rather Mikael be dead than Niklaus, even after everything he's done.  Rebekah still hadn't contacted us which makes us think something is wrong, and its bad.  “They will probably be at the Mystic Grill.”  I said as i looked at Klaus driving the car.  “Well thats where we are heading.”  I nodded.  “Are you worried?”  Nik blurted and I raised an eyebrow in confusion.  “What your little friends are going to think when they see you and I together.”  I sighed loudly and looked out the window as we began to drive.  “I was supposed to help kill you Nik, they put their trust in me even after they found out the truth about me.  Im not gonna get their trust back.”  I said softly as we pulled up outside the Grill.  “So your team Klaus?”  he asked as he turned the engine off and looked over at me with a smirk planted across his face.  I let out a small chuckle.  “I guess so, ill meet you in there okay?”  I said softly as I saw Elena through the window of the Grill and Tony, one of Nik’s hybrids waiting outside for us. He nodded and got out of the car.

I sighed and looked at my reflection in the darkness of my phone screen.  “You can do this Emerald.  You're no longer one of them, don't feel bad for any of them.”  I whispered to myself as I shoved my phone into my pocket.  Inhaling deeply I got out of the car and slammed the door and walked towards the entrance of The Grill.

“My sister seems to be missing.  Need to sort that out.”  Niklaus said gravely as I walked into the Grill to be met by Damon and Elena.  “Cute, blonde bombshell, psycho.  Shouldn't be too hard to find.”  Damon replied.  “See the thing is, we’ve started to like your little town.  Think we might like a little home here.”  Nik said as I walked around the corner to join him.  “We as in you and Emerald?”  Elena snapped, flabbergasted.  “Yeah why not, after all she is my girlfriend.”  Klaus smirked.  Damon looked at me angry.  “You and Stefan screwed it up for us.”  He growled at me.  “Damon you try to even come near me, I will kill you.  Don't forget I'm stronger than you, and if you happen to know where Rebekah is, I suggest you tell us.”  I sad softly as I stepped forward to be closer for him to increase chances of him being slightly threatened.  “We don't know where Rebekah is.”  Damon spoke through his teeth.  I raised an eyebrow but before I could speak Niklaus beat me to it.  “Now you're probably wondering how Em and I moving into Mystic Falls affects you, well the answer is, not in the slightest.  As long as I get what I want and everyone behaves themselves, you can go on living your lives however you choose.”  Klaus said turning around to look at Elena, “You have my word.”  He whispered.  “What else could you possibly want?”  She asked frightened.  “Well for starters you can tell us where we might find Stefan.”  Nik growled.  Damon stepped forward quickly to protect Elena.  “Stefan skipped town the second he saved your ass.  I actually thought he was with your girlfriend.”  Damon said looking towards me.  “Well you see, that is a shame.”  Klaus said spinning around, throwing a dart and hitting it right in the bullseye.    “Youre brother stole from me.  I need him found so I can take back whats mine.”  Damon looked over to me.  “Why don't you get your fake witchy girlfriend to do it?”  I groaned.  “Damon when are you going to get over this!?”  I yelled at him making people in the grill turn around and look at us.  “Never.  Because you lied to us all, you are even keeping my memories. Elena trusted you, I trusted you!”  He growled at me.  “Damon I was protecting Elena from Klaus.  Why don't you understand that!?”  I asked him quickly.  “Maybe because your playing patty-cake with Klaus!  Did you not even think, I mean, you're in a relationship with Klaus and we were supposed to trust you in guarding Elenas life and then you run off for two months without telling anyone, you hide about being a witch, you lied about being a werewolf. How are we supposed to trust you after this Emerald? We don't want you! We don't need you, and we most certainly do no longer care for you.”  Damon spat back.  My eyes widened and i stumbled back slightly.  “Well if thats how you feel.”  I spoke barely a whisper.  “That is how I feel.”  Damon growled at me.  “You know after everything we’ve been through as friends, all of us, I somehow thought you’d all be a little more understanding, especially about Klaus.”  I said turning on my heel and walking out, leaving Nik to carry on speaking to Elena and Damon.