Prologue

In the very beginning there were seven sisters and seven brothers, created by God himself.
The names of the sisters were Humility, Chastity, Temperance, Diligence, Patience, Charity and Kindness. The names of the brothers were Pride, Lust, Gluttony, Sloth, Wrath, Greed, and Envy.

Now, to you these names have a lot of meaning. You probably know what those names mean and what those things are like. But when these brothers and sisters were created, these words didn't have any meaning. They were just names, just like your name is just a name.
These brothers and sisters were just like everyone else, a natural balance of good and bad. They lived happily in a safe place between heaven and earth. They lived together in harmony, and respected each other. Some of them were even dating, like Chastity and Lust, and Diligence and Sloth.

But one day Father called them to him, because he had an important task for them. The brothers and sisters happily went to him, some of the brothers and sisters went hand in hand. Once there, Father explained to them that he was going to give their name meaning. The brothers and sisters weren't sure what that meant, but they respected their Father and thus agreed.
He said that he would give them seven days to spend time together, before he would send them off to earth, to fulfil their duty. They were clueless as to what their duty would be, but they didn't protest.
And so they went back to their home, continuing to live like nothing happened.

The first clue that something changed was on the second day, when Chastity and Lust got into a fight. No one of the brothers and sisters had ever fought, so this surprised the others. On the third day they split up, and soon after that Diligence and Sloth's relationship crashed as well.
The brothers and sisters began to have strong opposed opinions, The sisters stayed together as a group, as did the brothers. And on the seventh day, they had no problem being apart from each other.

As Father sent them off to earth, he called me to him. I, being an ordinary angel, was quite surprised that he wanted to speak to me, and also a bit nervous.
He explained to me that he had a task for me, a very important one. I had to be the guardian of the brothers and sisters. I had to make sure they were balanced, so the world wouldn't change too much. I had to make sure they wouldn't hurt each other, or mess things up on earth. I would guide them through everything they would experience.
I gratefully accepted this task and thus became the Guardian of Sins and Virtues. Sounds better than just an angel, eh?

So now, let me tell you a tale about the Sins and Virtues.
No.. actually, let me tell you seven tales about the Sins, and seven tales about the Virtues.
And you will see that there is no true good or bad.