𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓

Emma really thought much of it. Well, she thought of it a bit in high school. But now ever since James and her started to go out, she couldn't stop thinking about it.

Everytime he spoke, Emma always caught herself glancing at his lips, wanting to connect with hers. Since she just started being friends with James there's been a few pecks on the cheeks and forehead, but never a real kiss. She honestly thought it was her doing it, every time James attempted to do anything she found a way to get out of it. It's not like she doesn't want to kiss him, it's just that it would be her first kiss and it was nerve wracking.

She swiftly whipped the cookie dough batter into the bowl as she waited for the oven to heat up. Emma and James are having a movie night, and she was making cookies. Well, James was supposed to help, but he got too distracted by the football game playing on the television screen. Emma's eyes lifted up from the baking tray to see James with his feet up on the table, as he shook his head and said something under his breath about the game.

Emma just watched him and chuckled to herself.

"Thank you so much for the helping hand James, I really appreciate it." Emma said sarcastically as she turned back around to finish the dough.

"Oh shoot, sorry Emma." She heard him getting off the couch and heading towards the kitchen.

She suddenly felt him behind her and soon enough his arms were wrapped around her waist. "I got a little bit distracted." He said as he placed his head on her shoulder.

"Forgive me." Emma felt a trail of kisses by her ear. "Pretty please." He repeated his actions as her heart began to pound in her chest, from how close he is.

"You are forgiven James." she said, even though she wasn't mad before.

James let out a sigh of relief. "Are the cookies almost done?"

"No," Emma placed the bowl on the counter and finally turned to him. "The oven is almost done heating up."

James smiled, "Well, in the meantime," he slowly traced his fingers up on her arm. "We could pass the time."

Emma knew what he was doing. His face was so close to hers she could feel his warm breath on her cheek. He looked up at her eyes before obviously brought his attention to her lips. Emma's heart pounded in her chest as she felt herself backing up slightly, but only to hit the table.

"James," she whispered trying to get his attention back to her eyes. He hummed in response. "I think maybe the oven is ready now."

Emma quickly got out of his grip as he sighed in frustration. She didn't mean to make him upset. But she was just not sure how to go about this. It was a simple thing, but for her it was a huge step.

"Yeah, okay. I'll just finish watching the game." He doesn't make eye contact and walks back to the living room.

She watched him slump back on the couch, and suddenly she felt guilty. He hasn't asked her to be his girlfriend yet. But the two of them have been in this situation in between stages when he would take her out. Surprise her with little pecks on the cheek and forehead. Emma knew they both like each other but haven't made it official.

"Crap!" she yelped in pain. Her finger became bright red, with all that thinking she wasn't paying attention and burned herself on the cookie pan.

It shouldn't be a big thing. Kissing. Just do it. Emma told herself, while she placed the hot cookies on a plate. She didn't really understand why it would be her first kiss? She has to start somewhere. But deep down inside she knew there was another reason.

"That movie was so amazing, but at the same time, I don't even know what really happened." Emma said as the credits rolled on the television screen.