Unforgotten

Ella watched how her familiars had slowly started to accept the fact that Elzer wasn't exactly what he seemed when they first met. Sure, they still have their guards up whenever they were around him but she guessed it was only natural given their first meeting. She walked away and out of the little cabin she and Elzer had occupied for a month. She had hoped to start anew with Elzer by her side but no matter how hard she tried to forget Jem, every chance she could get, she'd always think about him.

She walked towards the lake that absorbed so much of the moon's light and reflected it beautifully, illuminating its surroundings. Almost as if the whole area was lit with lamps.

Ella sat on the edge and dipped her feet in. Elzer had taught her how to clear her mind and meditate in order to talk with her inner half; Eria. That was if she wasn't in her wolf form.

"Hey Eria." Ella greeted at her reflection casted on the still and clear water of the lake.

"Ella~!" her reflection beamed happily. "So you've found Alex and the others."

"Yeah, Kind of. They just kind of wandered aimlessly till they tumbled across me." Ella answered her with a gentle smile.

"I bet he's troubling you again?" Eria suddenly diverted away from the topic and surprised Ella a bit. She smiled sadly before she looked up to the full moon and answered her with a soft yet melancholic "yes."

"Well why won't you return to him?" Eria asked. Ella stopped for a moment.

"I can't." she softly answered her.

"After all this time.. I swear I still don't get why you always say that." Eria muttered. She didn't like seeing Ella as sad as that. She didn't like to feel her deep sorrow and blue devils that seems to seep through their bond and affecting her. She wanted her to be happy always.

"That man.. He doesn't love me, Eria." Ella continued without looking back down to Eria reflected on the lake.

Eria sighed. Every single time she asked her, that was all she would answer. It was all the same.

"You can't say that for sure. Why would Alex and the others be looking for you? I bet he sent them to find you." Eria tried to convince her, make her believe in life and love again.

"He didn't. I know him. If he ever found out I went missing, he'd be running around like a wild, untamed and mad dog trying to find me." Ella told her.

"And maybe he is.. I'm telling you. Let's just go home, Ella." Eria pleaded with a soft whimper and purr.

Ella smiled at her cuteness and looked down to her image. "He's not. I know. I am deeply sorry Eria, but I can't. Now I must go now. Elzer might be worried right about now."

As soon as Eria's presence vanished, Ella sighed heavily and was about to get out of the lake when she heard rustles from behind her. On reflex, she jumped up, gripped her hidden dagger and crouched in a fighting stance.

"Ow! Wha-What the hell--! This bushes-- Oww! Waa-Waaaaaaaaah!" A feminine voice grunted and out came tumbling was a very messy Rin.

"Rin?" Ella called the lad.

"Oh? Princess! So you were here!" Rin beamed and pushed herself up, fixing herself in the process, and curtseyed before she walked closer to Ella. "I thought you had ran off again."

"No. I don't think I have a need to." Ella told her and released her dagger, straightened herself and looked back to the lake.

"What is this place anyway? It's beautiful." Rin whispered in awe and walked towards the lake. She leaned forward to see her reflection on the clear lake and giggled. "It's so clear."