Chapter 22: Embrace

LUX BONTERI

Lux could not believe it. He just... he just kissed Ahsoka Tano. The love of his life, who he thought would never love him back, admitted her love for him. And she was a Jedi. They weren't supposed to have relationships. He knew straight from the get-go that he would have to hide their relationship from everyone if they got together, which always worried him a little. But with her lips against his, it made everything feel... better.

Ahsoka and Lux pulled away from their kiss. Now that they had admitted they loved each other, they had both let their feelings pour out, which resulted in a lot of kissing.

The two, still sitting on the rocks by the spring, both began to cry, Ahsoka more than Lux. He could understand. The fact that she had essentially broken the rules she essentially lived by, just so she could be with him... it must have been agonizing for her to make this choice. And, in a way, Lux felt guilty for it. He could have turned her down and hope she would go down the right path, but he couldn't. He loved Ahsoka. And he had pulled her down a path that she might not be the best for her.

Ahsoka put her hand on Lux's cheek.

"I... I... I love you so much," the words came out of Ahsoka's mouth as the tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Ahsoka, it's okay," Lux said, "it will be alright, so long as we're here. Just you and me... I..."

Lux was struggling to find words, and so was Ahsoka.

Finally, Ahsoka spoke up. 

"I... you... you're just... you're so perfect..."

"N-no," Lux replied, "You're perfect. You're way out of my league. And yet... we're here, and we're together... It just feels so... right..."

Lux took a deep breath.

"Ahsoka, you are perfect. You are strong, kind, and brave. You will always help those in need. You're just an amazing person. But you're also sweet, funny, and a little snippy too. Guess that's where the nickname comes from."

They both laughed.

"I... you're just so peaceful, so graceful, so amazing... Ahsoka, I never would have imagined I would be in a relationship with a Jedi. Yet here I am, falling for you. Everything about you just drags me deeper in love with you. I love you, Ahsoka."

"And I love you too, Lux. I shouldn't but I do. I... these feelings, I've never felt them before... But I feel them now, with you. It's because I love you. And I've never truly, deeply loved someone like this before. Not even Anakin, and he's like a brother to me. You're just so happy, so likable, so easy to fall for... I love you, I can't deny that to myself anymore."

The two embraced and kissed again. Lux still couldn't get over the feeling of kissing the young Togruta... It just felt so wonderful, as if everything was as it should be. Eventually, their lips parted.

"Let's go home," said Lux, "we've had a quite a long day."

Lux stood up and reached his hand out to Ahsoka. She grabbed it and stood up.

The two walked back to their parked Rupings holding hands, with cheerful expressions on their faces.

AHSOKA TANO

Ahsoka and Lux landed on the roof of the Unifar Temple as the sun began to set over Onderon. The two dismounted their Rupings, and quickly grabbed each other's hands.

She had admitted her love for Lux, and it felt amazing to kiss him. She just couldn't explain the amount of feelings rushing through her. She had never experienced all this emotion before, the feelings for someone else, and being able to openly express it for once. For once in her life, she felt... free.

Ahsoka and Lux ate dinner and got ready for bed. Lux walked Ahsoka over to her room.

"Goodnight, 'Soka," said Lux.

"Goodnight to you too, my love," replied Ahsoka.