34| Effects Of A Hot Day

It was a comparatively hot day. After spending the whole Sunday locked in her room under the air conditioner, Zoey finally decided to leave her room in the evening. Wearing her black swimming costume, she made her way to the pool and jumped into it to take a swim. The cold water instantly calmed her warm skin.

After fifteen minutes of swimming, she settled herself in one corner of the pool and took a long sigh. She hated days like this when it was too hot to enjoy and hang out with her friends. All she could do to pass her time was watch seasons or take a swim.

She had just closed her eyes for a few moments when she heard footsteps entering the pool area. Opening her eyes, she found Travis staring at her in an awestruck manner. His eyes travelled down her body, lingering at certain spots.

"I came here to tutor Sam but he is taking a shower. So I thought we should discuss our Literature assignment till then." He said, all in one breath. There was sweat drops on his forehead and a faint blush was spreaded over his cheeks.

Zoey, amused by the dumbfounded look on his face, decided to amuse herself a little.

"Hop in." She said.

"What?" Travis asked in confusion.

"It's a pretty hot day. Come join me in the pool." Zoey explained with a smirk on her face.

"I'd rather not." Travis said, looking a little bewildered.

"You are so stiff, Travis. It's okay to loosen up a little every now and then." Saying this, Zoey swam towards the side of the pool where Travis was standing. Despite wanting to look away, he couldn't avert his eyes from her graceful movements.

"Zoey---"

"Come on, I dare you. Hop in." She challenged.

"I forfeit." Travis responded and Zoey gave him a stern look.

"Why? Are you afraid of water?" Zoey raised her eyebrows.

"No, why would I be afraid of water?" He fought back.

"Then afraid of me?" Zoey teased.

"I am not afraid of anything." Travis glared at her.

"Prove it." Zoey smirked.

"Fine." Saying that, Travis' hands went to the hem of his T-Shirt and he pulled it over his shoulders, revealing his toned body and lean muscles. Zoey bit her lips as Travis undid the button of his jeans and pulled it down, leaving just briefs behind.

Zoey swam to a side as Travis jumped into the pool, letting some of the water splash onto her.

"Happy?" He asked.

"Very." Zoey said, fighting the urge to erase the distance between their warm bodies.

Travis took a dive under the water and then reappeared with wet hair. He ran his fingers through them and Zoey noticed how his biceps bulged at this movement.

Zoey swam towards him, stopping inches away from him. She could easily feel the tension between them, thick enough to be cut with a knife. "Does it feel good?" She mumbled, swaying her wet hair over her right shoulder.

His Adam's apple moved up and down as he struggled not to look anywhere below her neck. "It does." He said, swimming a little away from her.

Zoey swam forwards, decreasing the distance between them once again. "Do you know what else feel good?" She whispered seductively.

Travis shook his head slowly, his hazel eyes locked in with her brown ones. Despite many attempted, he couldn't tear his eyes from her face. She was looking sensuously beautiful, almost ethereal.