Rollercoaster

"Nick says: if Dream doesn't man his bitch ass up and tell George that he is Clay then I will." Vincent reads, sitting at the breakfast bar in their house.

The tour had ended only a few days prior and the boys were sad to see it end but more than happy to be back home - Darryl and Zak to their shared house and Vincent and Clay to theirs in Florida.

"Tell Nick that if he says a word then I will hunt him down." Clay replied, padding to his coffee machine - he shouldn't be having coffee this late in the afternoon but he didn't care.

Clay felt bad about lying to George, of course he did, but he was afraid. He was afraid that if he told George now, George would freak out and stop talking to him or something. He just couldn't risk losing him.

If he hadn't used a stan account to message George, George probably would have never even considered telling him everything that he had done. Clay wouldn't have found out that George has a cat and that George is colourblind, that George is bi and that George loves his friends but hates his job. Clay wouldn't have found out that George is probably the most cute, funny and easy to love person that Clay has ever met. And it wasn't as if he was lying, necessarily.

He just wasn't telling George the whole truth.

"Nick says: not if I hunt you down first." Vincent typed for a moment longer before his eyes widened. "Clay, you need to tell George. Now."

Clay raised his eyebrows in surprise and confusion. "What, why?" Before Vincent had the chance to muster up the right response, Clay's phone went off. "Hold that thought, George needs something."

When George mentioned the meet, Clay felt his heart rate hasten. And when George admitted he had a crush on Dream, a real one, Clay swore he felt his heart stop.

"YES!" Clay screamed, startling Vincent. "Holy fucking shit..." he continued, laughing to himself and gripping a fistful of his own hair.

Clay felt lightheaded and new he was grinning something mad but he could care less. George liked him. George actually liked him. He should respond so George doesn't freak out.

But then George continued and Clay's heart dropped to his feet and shattered. He liked someone else as well. Clay drew a blank with what to say.

Eventually, the conversation ended the way it always did. With George refusing to send him a heart.

"Fuck!" Clay yelled, throwing his phone at the couches and roughly dragging his hands over his face and up to grip at his hair. He was grateful that Darryl was at home at the moment but also wished for his friend's wise advice - Darryl has always been good at comforting people.

He hadn't bothered with his mask like makeup - Vincent had already seen what he looked like without it and he wasn't planning on leaving the house today.

"What happened?" Vincent asked, glancing between Clay and the discarded mobile.

"Well, George likes me back!" Clay stated and, before Vincent could react, continued "but he also likes someone else at the same time!" Clay cheered sarcastically. He sounded somewhat insane.

Vincent didn't have the chance to stop himself before the words came out. "It's you." Clay froze.

"What?" Clay didn't know what Vincent meant by that. Of course Dream was him.