Chapter 4

"So what'd you say your name was again?" I asked, sitting across from Mr.Range Rover at the local Starbucks. He flashes that charming smile my way, and raises his eyebrows in amusement.

"It's Blake, Blake Blue."

"Blake Blue? Who's the mastermind?"

"It's from the men in my family tree actually, and what'd you say your name was?" He asks, with a smirk.

"I didn't say." I respond, with the most steepest of smiles.

"Oh okay, am I not worthy?"

"We'll have to see about that, won't we?"

"Judging byyyy?" Blake dragged adorably. I giggled.

"The rest of the night."

"Deal! So, how's it going so far."

"Far enough."

"Sheesh," He smiled. "You're very guarded, you know that?"

"I've noticed." I winked, sipping from my iced coffee.

"Well, maybe I can change that." He said, folding his arms across his chest. I paused for a blank minute before responding.

"Yeah... maybe." I glanced at the star littered sky through the glass window, and was suddenly tired. "Are you ready to leave, by any chance?" I asked.

"There's no chance, are you?"

"No!" I answer too quickly, in a rush to assure him that I'm not dreading for the night to be over. He sits back in his seat and eyes me cautiously. "I'm just... a little drained."

"Oh! Of course you are considering the circumstances." He says, as if he'd just caught on to something. I frowned.

"Exactly what do you mean by that?" I ask.

"Oh no! I didn't mean it like that... I just... I meant I would understand why-" Abruptly rising from the table, not giving Blake a chance to finish, I storm out of the coffee diner. Starting towards my car, I could hear the falling footsteps behind me. He's lucky his friends left with his truck. Being that I drove Blake here with me, I didn't want to leave an innocent man. But, I'd leave an asshole.

"I knew this was a bad idea." I stated, turning toward him. "What else do you think of me? You think I meet up with men who I barely know, especially from where I work?" I said the last part quietly.

"Not at all, it's just-"

"Just what? You never been with a stripper before?"

"No-"

"No? Well, good for you okay, because you have the slightest idea about who I actually am." I stated. I turned to walk away, before Blake caught me by the arm.

"I'm sorry for offending you, but that's not what I meant, okay?" It was only because I seen the sincerity in his green eyes, that I continued to listen. "But you have to understand I'm not oblivious to what you do for a living, and I'm not judging you. I just agree that you'd have to be exhausted after intentionally trying to drive me crazy all night." I giggled. Failing to mask my humor. Blake lifted my chin, and I could see half of his lips lifting into a smirk. "I just want to be able to do this for you."

"What's that exactly?" I asked, curiously. He lifted my chin higher, so that this time my eyes met his. He slowly leaned toward my lips, but didn't kiss them.

"Making you smile." He answered. Disappointed, I pull away.

"What makes you think I need your jokes?"