58 : The Return

1. Listen to Jessie J's Masterpiece song
2. Be amazed @ how fast I update
3. Enjoy reading

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

"Ajax! What are you doing here?" I snatched my arm back a little too fast and a little too roughly. I looked at him in astonishment, disbelief twisting my feelings in a tight grip.

He held his hands up, pushing his eyebrows up slightly. I couldn't read the look on his face. "I was hoping for a better response if I'm honest."

I squeezed my forehead; never before had I ever felt so exhausted and tired as I did then. "I'm sorry, I just... I can't do this right now."

He gave me a weird look. "I'm guessing this isn't a good time, huh?"

I was immediately put on the defence, not liking the snarky tone of his voice. "Yeah, I'm sorry I didn't have time to bake you a welcome back cake."

"You're full of apologies, aren't you?" he scoffed, shaking his head. "Wow. Unbelievable."

I didn't know what he was talking about. I watched him shove his hands down his coat pockets, kissing his teeth in annoyance. His thick brown hair fell sideways as he glanced away and looked back, indifference sprawled lazily on his features. "New house, huh? Who'd you have to kill to get this?"

I felt my patience click it's fingers and vanish in a puff of smoke. "I don't know what's up your ass, Ajax and really, I don't know what you expected with your sudden return. You seem to be angry with me for something and I don't know what it is. All I can say is I'm sorry, but now is really not the greatest of times."

Orion stepped out of the car, his eyes downcast; void of any emotion. "I need to get Leo out."

"Orion?" Ajax turned to me. "What is up with him?"

I brushed past Ajax who stood there like a overbearing statue and grabbed Orion by the arm, gently saying. "Not yet. We don't need these neighbours seeing. Get back in the car."

"Did you suddenly turn into his mother?"

I looked at Ajax in disbelief as Orion obediently climbed back into the car. I chose not to respond but Ajax grabbed onto my elbow as I walked past him to get into the house. "Hey, didn't you hear what I said? What is up with this gloomy atmosphere? Someone didn't die, did they?"

"If you must know," I pulled back my arm for the second time, trying not to glare at his snide-laced words. "Maximal has murdered Leo."

"Oh. That sucks, I guess."

"Don't make me hit you, Ajax. You're being a insensitive bitch."

"What do you want me to say? Sure, I like the guy but... Is Maximal going to kill Orion too? I want to watch." He flicked his hair away, shooting me a forceful smile. His words were encased in a heavy roll of sarcasm. "Why do you look so shocked? Have I upset you?"

I rolled my lips into my mouth, steaming in anger. "You know what, why don't you just go crawl back to whatever rock you slipped out from? You're not wanted."

"Oh, Bea," he mockingly held a hand to his chest. "You're breaking my heart. It's too bad I'm here to stay and darling? I'm just getting started."

His threat was real.

****

"What are you going to do?" I asked Orion, having closed the garage doors and successfully gotten the car in without any curtains twitching. Unfortunately, Ajax had followed in before I had shut the doors.